Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problem with choosing Art
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey there.

I tried Metropolis a while back and kinda liked the look of it but never really got around playing with it much so I just decided to give it a try again. Now I'm getting an issue I don't really know how to work with.
When I try to choose art all the categories except banner, poster, and fanart are empty, it doesn't seem to return any results. This may be a stupid question but is Metropolis using Artwork Downloader for this? If yes that would be weird because it's working in other skins, if not.. well that would explain it Smile

I tried turning on the debug mode option but I couldn't find any kind of log-file anywhere and the line at the top doesn't really help me.

Sooo yeah, am I just too stupid to get it working or what's wrong here :/
I think there was an issue with the difference between Icon and ActualIcon initially after the XBMC devs changed something between Frodo and Gotham. As I recall people that had old (pre-Gotham) generated libraries usually had to rebuild to resolve the issue (myself included). I don't remember completely, so don't go messing up your database and cached image files on my sketchy memory, but maybe keep that in mind. I can tell you that a "fresh" library created under Gotham doesn't do that though (at least it didn't/doesn't for me). It frustrated me at the time too, because not all skins had the issue.

Before changing anything, you should post your OS, Kodi build, database type (SQL or local, and symlinked images or local), and Metropolis version (and maybe the version of artwork.downloader too). With more information one of us might be able to recreate the issue, or at least give you a better answer than mine.
It does use Artwork Downloader. Please post the details that MacGyver suggested and we'll see if we can figure it out for you.
I'm running Kodi/XBMC on Windows 8.1, the Database is a MySQL (running on another windows 8.1 pc in the network).
Images are stored on the network pc as well (via pathsubstitution in advancedsettings.xml).

Metropolis is 2.9.0 - 20140923
Artwork Downloader is 12.0.29
I'm on XBMC 13.2 (GIT 20140817-0F3DB05) - should be the release version ^^

I actually redid my database not so long ago because I had it fucked up somewhere and my backups didn't work so that shouldn't be the issue :/

By the way I just checked with the bello skin, when I use the "regular" choose art button there I get the same thing, but there's an additional button for "Extra Art" that starts Artwork Downloader, can't find anything like that on Metropolis though.
Settings->Metropolis->Scripts/Extras->Download extra TV Show artwork
Yeah but that is automated download for every show, no? I was hoping to be able choose myself (like I did in Bello) Wink
It is an automatic thing, yes. It will download everything Metropolis needs.

It should skip shows that already have art though.

You can manually refresh the art for an item in its Info window. You can also choose art individually there.
Yeah but sometimes I don't like the art being downloaded automatically and I can't switch it in that case (except replacing the file manually or using another skin temporarily Wink So yeah I was wondering what I could do about that Smile
I don't understand. It won't replace art you've chosen manually. You can choose art manually in the Info window. What function is missing?
As I was writing in the original post, the problem is that there is no artwork returned for any category other then banner, poster, and fanart:

(2014-11-26, 08:36)mihawk90 Wrote: [ -> ]When I try to choose art all the categories except banner, poster, and fanart are empty, it doesn't seem to return any results.

The issue isn't that I can't replace art in general, but that there's no artwork to choose from.
It's not missing the function, it's just not working for me and I can't figure out why.

And no, it's not an issue that there's no art, as I said, there is art to choose in the Bello Skin for example.
You need to run the Artwork Downloader to get the other categories.. just click the button in settings lol
I guess we're running in circles here.

The button in settings is fully automated, I can't select which art to use (except you mean another button than that in metropolis -> scripts setting).
In fully automated mode there's sometimes artwork being downloaded that I don't like and I can't choose manually.

This whole thread was about choosing manually (since I know about the automated download and I just don't like it Wink ).
I used to choose manually in other skins (like Aeon Nox, Bello, etc), and I couldn't find anything in Metropolis yet, so I wondered if I was just too stupid to find it or if there's just no option Wink

I'm pretty sure the "extra art" option in Bello (or any other skin that does that for that matter) is from artwork downloader or at least dependant on it, that's the only reason I asked for it Wink
So you can't pick art from here?

[attachment=337]
[attachment=338]
[attachment=339]
Quote:When I try to choose art all the categories except banner, poster, and fanart are empty

That should say it all, no? I can choose Banner, Poster, Fanart from there, yes, but nothing else since all the categories are empty.

This whole thread was about that button and the categories being empty. Not that there's not a button, but that it doesn't return anything other than those 3 categories...

Some screens that might clarify what I mean:
Categorie selection in Metropolis:

Clearart selection in metropolis, obviously empty

Same clearart selection in Bello, not empty
I don't use a lot of that extra artwork so I never noticed before.
It looks like list id 6 in DialogSelect.xml is only being populated with just those three things. I'll look into it when I get home from work.
Pages: 1 2