Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi and DTS Audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I'm using DTS Audio Kodi is great.
But when I start Kodi with my Receiver off it will not use DTS Audio and switches over to something else. I then have to change my settings again to get DTS Audio back. How can I force Kodi to ONLY use WASPI (or whatever) audio so that even if it doesn't detect it, it'll just not have audio so I can just turn on my receiver.

Currently, it switches back to Diresct Sound and I have to change the settings again.

I would use Direct Sound, but it never seems to work in XBMC. Seems I HAVE to use WASAPI
Force an edid for your avr. This will Fender you without ans sound Ehen avr is off though. We just fallback as the device is non existent.
I suppose you are using a win7 or win8 setup. That behavior is normal with those Os. It's meant to fallback to a workable desktop when a hdmi connection is lost or disconnected. The only way I was able to work around it is by buying a costly device called a Hdmi detective by Gafen. What this thing does is store your receive edid and keep the connection "alive" for windows. This way your computer always "think" your receiver is on. It's around 100$ but for me it's a great device that bumps the WAF up a notch Smile