Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: genre fanart help me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone!

I ask your help, because having to change skins MQ5 aeon, which I find perfect, I can not manage to establish the poster and fanart in the kind of menu genre for movies (action, biopic, adventure, fantasy etc ... )

View Multiplex

I put a fanart folder and poster icons (xbmc / addons /....../ skin.aeonmq5 / extra / Video / fanart

but doesn't work

thanks you
you do not need to put the images in the skin.aeonmq5 folder, but you can if you want ;-)
all you need to do is to set the path to your images in the genre view. see my images.

hi thank you very much for your answer, but how I should rename my file fanart and jpg icons ? example for the category, genre drama and action thx
your gerne naming in your pictures above looks good. i have created a folder genre and inside that folder 2 new folders one named icons and the other one fanarts and put your gerne images files in there.(like you did) the genre image filenames needs the exact names as the gerne. for action the icons and fanrts need the name "action.jpg" .

the only thing you need to do is in the gerne view to enable "alternative gerne fanart" and "alternative gerne icons" and set the path to your fanarts and icons folder.
Not meaning to hi-jack this thread, but i was also trying to make this work.
how do u even get that option on the top in Art dropdown menu. I dont see that option to add the path for the genre art.

@MANswers it looks like your in the sets view.
You need to go in the movies submenu 'movies-gernes' and then open the top in Art dropdown menu.
@keisuji,
thanks for the reply.
Yea you were true, i was on the sets movie screen. However after i navigated to the movies-genre section, i was able to see the drop down for the genre icon, i enabled it and added the path for the icon pack. I am using the icon pack by frodo19 for aeon nox. Inspite of doing that i still dont see the icons applied. do i need to do something? what am i missing?

go to view options/change view and change the wall view to a other. its a bug, not all views working right.
(2014-12-09, 23:19)keisuji Wrote: [ -> ]go to view options/change view and change the wall view to a other. its a bug, not all views working right.

thanks again for ur reply. and i appreciate you taking time to explain.
I've tried other views as well, such as the panel, coverflow, wide nothing works. icons dont show up. Sad but the genre fanarts does show up. but not the cover icons.
ok maybe you have a little error somewhere :-)
hope this helps

check your folder structure
do you have a gerne/fanart folder and a gerne/icons folder? the fanart and icons images cannot be in the same folder.

this is how i do it.
genre folder with a subfolders for icons and fanarts

the naming must match the genre names. for example the gerne name is action.
the fanart name must be action.jpg in your fanarts folder
and for icons name the icons image also action.jpg and put it in the icons folder.

and then add the correct path in xbmc/kodi under the gerne section 'movies-gernes'
Hello, I come back after test

for my menu genre,

i test with samba ,

i go art, alternative genre fanart , and go , network smb, xbmc\userdata\addondata\Aeon.mq5.extrapack\Backgrounds_videogenres <---- i drop folder with genre fanart with exactly name and ---> sam path for icons genre ---> aeonmq5.extrapack\icons_videogenres i drop folder with exactly name icons

see picture

please help me ^^

I lack work fanart genre it and all my htpc would be perfect ^^
ok your folder looks good.
here is a image of naming the gerne files.()

ithe images names of both folders must match the gerne names in xbmc/kodi.
and look at my post from the 2014-12-07 15:26 above to setup the path to your images location.
i managed but genre , Epouvante-horreur and Science Fiction doesn't work, help me please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkt2epcNh-8
ok good it works now. :-)

i think it these two does not work because your images name does not match the gerne name. So check your images files in the folders,
for Epouvante-horreur (Epouvante-horreur.jpg) and Science Fiction (Science Fiction.jpg) you need to rename/create the the right images files.