Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Channels not the same as on the backend :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have a Raspberry PI im trying to setup as a mediaportal frontend in Kodi. Its working somewhat ok, but no matter what i do i cannot get the channels to line up like they are on my backend and normal mediaportal klients. It seems that the options to sync channels and line up with backend has no effect whatsoever. It always lines them up as the appear in the "all channels" mandatory group. If i switch to a selfmade group created on the backend the channel ordering is still the same Sad

Synchronize channel groups with backends Imports channel groups from the backend (if supported by the add-on and backend). Will delete user created groups if they're not found on the backends.
Always use the channel order from the backend(s) Sorts the channels by channel number on the server, but uses XBMC's own numbering for channels.
Use backend channels numbers (only works with 1 enabled PVR add-on) Use numbering from the backend, instead of configuring them manually over XBMC.

None of theese settings makes a difference

Anyone else seeing this problem?

/Jacob
In my case mediaportal has assigned Channel number 10000 to all the channels. I just had to manually correct Channell numbers in Media portal TV server. I only did it for 20 most watched channels so that are now listed first in XBMC. And of course in XBMC you need to choose Synchronize channel groups with backends. I hope this will help you.
Thank you!

That is probably it. Im not at home right now to test it but i logged in to my server and could tell that my channels had all kinds of different numbers. I changed them all to match my preferred line up so hopefully it works now Smile
Worked!

Thanks alot Smile
No problem, I am happy to help Smile
10000 is the default channel number if it is unknown.
Note also that XBMC supports only one sorting order, while MediaPortal supports a different sorting order for each channel group.