Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CX919 II (RK3188) Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,

So I literally JUST got this CX919 II, running Kodi 14.0 RC 3 and I have 2 main problems:

1. The screen resolution. The option to change it is greyed out and therefore stuck on 720p. I have enabled 1080p in Android settings, but Kodi is stuck in 720p...
2. 5.1 Audio. I set the channels to 5.1 in Kodi, enabled passthrough and selected AC3 and DTS as options, but still only stereo comes out of the AMP. I also enabled HDMI as the audio output in Android settings, but no luck...

Anyone have any advice how to fix this? I was hoping to replace my RaspberryPi with this stick...

Same problem too help please

1. XBMC/Kodi will use whatever the "real" resolution is. You might need to reflash your CX919 with a true 1080 firmware, as the Android setting you see might only be upscaling the signal.

2. Try SPMC (wiki) for your passthrough audio.
(2014-12-14, 22:08)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]1. XBMC/Kodi will use whatever the "real" resolution is. You might need to reflash your CX919 with a true 1080 firmware, as the Android setting you see might only be upscaling the signal.

I heard about this, the box said that it was true HD, but I went in search of a new ROM anyway and ended up buggering it up. So, now I'll be happy when I can get a ROM that actually lets my device work, never mind 1080p... Tongue

(2014-12-14, 22:08)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]2. Try SPMC (wiki) for your passthrough audio.

I read about this after the buggering of my device... If I ever get the thing working again, I'll be sure to test this Tongue
Thankfully, I hear it's hard to "brick" 3188 sticks. I thought I had bricked one once before because of a botched ROM update, but I found another image that worked.
I just want mine out of WINDOWED mode. Greyed out does anyone know how to change thisHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?
Ever since I updated to the latest kodi while watching a film the picture is far to the right. Surely this must be a easy fix?
(2014-12-15, 11:21)Coolcuts Wrote: [ -> ]I just want mine out of WINDOWED mode. Greyed out does anyone know how to change thisHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?
Ever since I updated to the latest kodi while watching a film the picture is far to the right. Surely this must be a easy fix?

Did you unselect "Use full screen window instead of true full screen"? See in one of my screenshots, it's selected by default.
Latest spmc also has a special Rockchip codec that could solve the 1080p issue.
It will still report 720p but use the full resolution for video thru overlays (basically the same way as amlogic)
(2014-12-15, 15:23)Veldkornet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-15, 11:21)Coolcuts Wrote: [ -> ]I just want mine out of WINDOWED mode. Greyed out does anyone know how to change thisHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?

Did you unselect "Use full screen window instead of true full screen"? See in one of my screenshots, it's selected by default.

Yeah it's doesn't change the greyed out display mode still whatever it is on selected or not. Is this a bug of the new kodi release?
The display mode was ALWAYS greyed out on Android (or should have been), just because you CANNOT change the resolution on android from an user app.
Well why is my is my picture to the far left ONLY when I play movies ? Cannot work this out
(2014-12-16, 09:18)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]Latest spmc also has a special Rockchip codec that could solve the 1080p issue.
It will still report 720p but use the full resolution for video thru overlays (basically the same way as amlogic)

So you mean that even if you have a 720 GUI in Android, it will always use 1080p when you have a 1080p TV?
Yep. The Kodi 720p is the size of the framebuffer. The overlay is using the size of the HDMI output.
Same principle as amlogic, really.
Nice :)
Pages: 1 2