Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: IMDB scraper failure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure if this is the correct place to post scraper issues, please move it if appropriate.

For these two movies
Alpha and Omega 2: A Howl-iday Adventure (IMDB: tt3111728)
Alpha and Omega 3: The Great Wolf Games (IMDB: tt3600760)
Edit
An American Tail: The Mystery of the Night Monster (IMDB: tt0197230)
An American Tail: The Treasure of Manhattan Island (IMDB: tt0166973)
/Edit

A group scrape and an individual scrape both failed, but a simple trip to IMDB.org finds them by simply typing in "Alpha and" - they appear in the drop down, and, since I've got IMDB numbers for them, they're both obviously there. *It seems that it might not like the colon ":" in the file names? Or maybe it's just telling me these are really cheesy sequels and they're just not worth watching... Wink

I have only the most general idea of how the scrapers work, and I do understand that we're chasing a constantly moving target as sites and APIs change.

Just wanted to point it out if someone can take a look at it.
Both are marked as video release on IMDB, meaning only released on DVD/BD
Default for IMDB scraper those setting are not selected, so you need to select it your self
Thanks, T-bird_se!
Hmm... I selected "Video Titles" (the bottom most check box on the IMDB scraper page), and it's still not finding American Tail: Manhattan on its own. I would presume that it's also a straight to video release, though I don't see where that's marked on IMDB.
I've tested "An American Tail: The Treasure of Manhattan Island"... and yes, it's a bug. The IMDB scraper do not display search results, if only "Videos" were found.

It's fixed now for the next release.

But you can enter the IMDB ID "tt0166973" to scrape this movie manually.
(2014-12-15, 20:08)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]I've tested "An American Tail: The Treasure of Manhattan Island"... and yes, it's a bug. The IMDB scraper do not display search results, if only "Videos" were found.

It's fixed now for the next release.
Awesome! Thank, DC!

(2014-12-15, 20:08)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]But you can enter the IMDB ID "tt0166973" to scrape this movie manually.
Pulled that one many times. Thanks!