Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Set up media sever to stream to BD player
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm trying to setup Kodi on my Mac to stream movies to my OPPO bdp-103 BD player. I installed latest Kodi v14 RC3 on the Mac and it recognized my "Video" folder. I enabled UPnP service. My BD player is connected to the same network. But what do I do next? On my BD player I can see my Mac as a computer, but I cannot see any media server. Is there somewhere in Kodi I need to "start the service"? Do I need to setup an ip address for it or something?
You need to scrape your video folder into the database for it to appear on the upnp clients:

Adding videos to the library (wiki)
Thank you! Now I have my movies scaped into the library. I had to right click on the folder to bring up the "set content" menu. It's so cool to have all the database and cover art! However my BD player still can't find it on my home network. Is there any other way I can cross check if Kodi is working? Can I check from a PC or Android phone?
Confirming these settings in Kodi:

System > Settings > Services > UPnP > Share video and music libraries through UPnP > enable
Yes I have enabled UPnP in Settings.
You can use any upnp capable app/player to verify if its working.
Actually, unscraped videos do now show up under UPnP :)

Sounds like there's some larger UPnP/networking issue here.