Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help with Movie Set Fanart Glitch for Aeon Warlion 4.1.9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone!

So I recently (about 2 months) moved up from Frodo to Gotham with all the wonder and majesty of Aeon Warlion 4.1.9. on Windows 7. I had everything customized and set up how I like it. The problem I have encountered last night out of the blue is that all of a sudden the custom fanart I spent so much time assigning to my movie sets is now gone! Instead now the movie set fanart cycles through the fanart assigned to the movies within that specific set. I tried going to "Manage" in the context menu and I see that the fanart I had assigned is still there but it doesn't show up. I also went through all the settings I could find that customize view but no success. Any clue as what's going on? I tried a uninstalling and deleting all the XBMC folders under "Program Files (x86)" and "Roaming" then doing a clean install with all the mods applied. It worked for about 20 minutes but then reverted back.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

UPDATE: Solved! So under Edit Skin there is an option that says "Enable Backend". This will enable additional info for movie sets to be displayed and will cycle through the movie fanart within that set. However, if you want the movie set info BUT want your own static movie set fanart then follow what toineb did. Worked for me!

(2014-04-17, 20:47)toineb Wrote: [ -> ]Nevermind, I have worked it out (well it works anyway)

In the default python file for the extended info script, I deleted the two lines relating to fanart from this section

for item in json_query['result']['setdetails']['movies']:
art = item['art']
self.window.setProperty('Set.Movie.%d.DBID' % count, str(item.get('movieid')))
self.window.setProperty('Set.Movie.%d.Title' % count, item['label'])
self.window.setProperty('Set.Movie.%d.Plot' % count, item['plot'])
self.window.setProperty('Set.Movie.%d.PlotOutline' % count, item['plotoutline'])
self.window.setProperty('Set.Movie.%d.Path' % count, media_path(item['file']))
self.window.setProperty('Set.Movie.%d.Year' % count, str(item['year']))
self.window.setProperty('Set.Movie.%d.Duration' % count, str(item['runtime']/60))
self.window.setProperty('Set.Movie.%d.Art(clearlogo)' % count, art.get('clearlogo',''))
self.window.setProperty('Set.Movie.%d.Art(discart)' % count, art.get('discart',''))
self.window.setProperty('Set.Movie.%d.Art(poster)' % count, art.get('poster',''))
self.window.setProperty('Detail.Movie.%d.Art(poster)' % count, art.get('poster',''))
title_list += item['label'] + " (" + str(item['year']) + ")[CR]"

hey presto it now shows the info for the movieset but with my chosen fanart for the actual movieset rather than a loop of each movie in the set.
Try installing http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=158373 and use this code.

C:\Python34\python.exe C:\texturecache.py P

You might also try this code but understand it will increase your thumbnail folder size if you care.

C:\Python34\python.exe C:\texturecache.py c all
Thanks for the reply brazen1! Could you further explain what this code does? I read the post but did not quite understand. To your knowledge, is the issue I am encountering an actual bug or an actual function of the skin?
Judging from your post I assume you have downloaded specific artwork to individual folders next to the titles. It worked as intended and then for some reason not specified, it no longer works. Instead, some unforeseen force has hijacked your custom work. This could be scrapers with settings turned on when they should be turned off or more than likely the Kodi cache has become confused and/or corrupted. The tool I suggested may help with the latter if you have been diligent with the scrapers and their settings. The tool cleans out unused cache references and caches what is local in your folders to the Kodi thumbnail folder.
i think brazen1's recommendation is valid but if i remember correctly the move from frodo to gotham also means you need to add the art to the database so if you have items in your folders already adjust the settings of artwork downloader to use local files and run it for all titles by going to programs instead of through movie information.

Just realized your talking about movie sets... try this.
Thanks for the clarification brazen1. I'll give it a try after work. Since you mentioned that it worked as intended but then for some reason it was not specified, all this happened after I moved my movie set artwork folder to my Dropbox folder. I then used the Movie Set Artwork Automator to restore all the artwork and their new file location and then all hell broke loose.

mikesilvo164, I've tried that. I used Movie Set Artwork Automator to apply all my artwork but as of yesterday it no longer worked. It applies the art and it even shows up if you go to the manage artwork in the context menu, but it won't show up when the movie set is selected. Oddly enough, when I push up on the remote and the drop down extra info menu comes down it shows the art I originally had, but once I exit out of that it goes back to cycling through the fanart applied to movies within the movie set. Hope that all made sense.
(2014-12-17, 18:38)brazen1 Wrote: [ -> ]Try installing http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=158373 and use this code.

C:\Python34\python.exe C:\texturecache.py P

You might also try this code but understand it will increase your thumbnail folder size if you care.

C:\Python34\python.exe C:\texturecache.py c all

Ok, I seriously suck at following directions. I just got home from work and I am trying to install the script on Python with no success. Any advice for someone who has never used any program like this before?
Audiobeast, search the 4.1.9 thread. you'll need to do a code change in an xml script. The movie set specifically cycles through the fanart for the moves in the set, but someone put up the change required to use a "movie set" specific fanart which it seems is what you want to do?

Can't remember where in the thread maybe around 80-100 page wise but look for screen shots of the Dark knight trilogy, think it was connected to those.

Good luck hunting.
(2014-12-18, 16:11)Mike_Doc Wrote: [ -> ]Audiobeast, search the 4.1.9 thread. you'll need to do a code change in an xml script. The movie set specifically cycles through the fanart for the moves in the set, but someone put up the change required to use a "movie set" specific fanart which it seems is what you want to do?

Can't remember where in the thread maybe around 80-100 page wise but look for screen shots of the Dark knight trilogy, think it was connected to those.

Good luck hunting.

@Mike_Doc thank you so much! It drives my OCD crazy! What I find strange is why it did not do this for the two months I was using it then suddenly started to cycle through it all. Any idea?

EDIT:

@Mike_Doc: I think I found it! I can't test it out until I get home, but this may serve some use to someone else in the future.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1684779