Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Fanart dim
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Maybe someone can help me. I m looking for a way to change the brithness of the fanart in for example the list view.
Where can i disable the dim of the fanart? I tried to find it in some xml but i had no luck.

Thanks
Hi Oldhound and welcome to the forums.

If you go to Skin Settings -> Backgrounds, the very first setting (Fanart Brightness) lets you choose between low brightness and medium brightness.

Check all of Rapier's skin settings here.

If you completely want to remove the dim of the fanart (it's not going to be pretty), you have to edit includes_Backgrounds.xml
Completely remove this line in the appropiate sections (movies, music videos, tv shows, seasons, episodes, music etc):

Code:
<include>FanartDim</include>

Remember that if you edit the xml's you will lose all your edits next time Rapier is updated. I strongly recommend to keep Rapier updated at all times.

Hope this helps Smile
Thanks for your help.

I tried the settings, but its still too dark for me in some views. (I changed the list info view -I think it is #58 - so that I can see the fanart better. ) so, how can I disable the dim just for one view? Is it possible to make a condition in the includes_backgrounds.xml for example view 58?
If you only dim the view with id="58" you only dim the fanart for movies List Info View.

Open up includes_Backgrounds.xml in a text editor.

Find the include "FanartDim":

Code:
<include name="FanartDim">
    <control type="image">
        <include>BackgroundDim</include>
        <visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(fanart))
        | [[Container.Content(Episodes) | Container.Content(Seasons)] + !Skin.HasSetting(EnableTVShowsExtraFanart)]</visible>
        <animation effect="fade" end="70" reversible="false" condition="Skin.HasSetting(FanartBackgroundBrightnessHigh)">Conditional</animation>
    </control>
</include>

and replace this with:

Code:
<include name="FanartDim">
    <control type="image">
        <include>BackgroundDim</include>
        <visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(fanart))
        | [[Container.Content(Episodes) | Container.Content(Seasons)] + !Skin.HasSetting(EnableTVShowsExtraFanart)]</visible>
        <visible>!Control.IsVisible(58)</visible>
        <animation effect="fade" end="70" reversible="false" condition="Skin.HasSetting(FanartBackgroundBrightnessHigh)">Conditional</animation>
    </control>
</include>

You can insert more view id's editing <visible>!Control.IsVisible(58)</visible> like this: <visible>![Control.IsVisible(58) | Control.IsVisible(61)]</visible> and so on.

Maybe instead an even better way is to adjust the fade animation to a lower value (to increase brightness): end="40" or whatever you like. This way the brightness will be changed for all fanart.

But like I wrote before, the changes you make will get replaced the next time Rapier is updated - and again, I really encourage to keep the skin updated Smile
To keep your changes, you could create a copy of the Rapier folder with another folder name, addon ID and name.
Quote:....<visible>!Control.IsVisible(58)</visible>....
that works great.
Thanks a lot for your help and suggestions, keep up your good work.
Glad to help! Smile