Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Manage offline music data?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any tool that like MediaElch that can scrape fanart, cover, cdart, lyrics, etc. and save in artist/albums folder?

I have structure like this:
Music/Artist1/Artist1 - Album1 (Year)
Music/Artist1/Artist1 - Album2 (Year)
Music/Artist1/Artist1 - Album3 (Year)
Music/Artist1/Artist1 - Album4 (Year)/CD1
Music/Artist1/Artist1 - Album4 (Year)/CD2
Music/Artist2/Artist2 - Album1 (Year)
etc...

in "Music/Artist1" I have fanart.jpg and folder.jpg
in "Music/Artist1/Artist1 - Album1 (Year)" I have cdart.png, cover.jpg

That works fine with confluence and Aeon Nox themes but I'm doing it all manually and it takes (too much time) Sad
Any chance to get some improvement on that field? Some 100% working structure or maybe I'm just missing some option that can store data for offline use.

Thank you in advance, your humble xbmc/kodi user Smile
I'm not sure if I understand correct the '"offline use...if you use any tool for scraping, it will be done online as well as kodis own scraper will do it. Ok...you will miss the files (jpg and so on) in the folders. But you are able to export your library and are able to choose to export the fanart and other images as well. So...why don't you let Kodi do its job?

But like I said, maybe I understand wrong. Could you be a bit more specific then? Wink

Greetings
See this thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=159323

Look for the post from Ethyria, and his Pre-Alpha release of Symphony. It is very buggy, but if your patient, and do a little at a time, if will create Artist.nfo, download folder, album, artist, and cover art for each artist.

There currently is no other Music scraper like this, but just remember, it is Pre-Alpha, so it has issues.
If he can get Symphony a bit more polished it would be a nice tool addition.

scott s.
Sorry for not being clear about my question, I should read twice my questions before posting I guess Smile
Anyway, yes Symphony is what I wanted, THANK YOU a million! Smile