Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: FireTV Stick - Lock Preferences when trying to add samba share
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've recently installed Kodi RC4 on my FireTV Stick. Installed no problems, copied over my sources.xml, advancedsettings.xml (mysql backend), and passwords.xml. Kodi can see the database, but doesn't have a path to play any files.
I've tried configuring my Samba share in Kodi, but no matter how I attempt to access the Samba from this FireTV Stick, I am always presented with the "Lock Preferences" screen, which asks for a username/password.
I've tried multiple different Samba accounts that all have access to the share. Kodi running on my windows desktop, with the same username and share setup, has no problems. Mounting the share from a Linux server also works no problem.

Searching the issue has led me to a few posts about this problem, but everyone seems to involve a Windows share, but my CIFS server is running on Solaris.

So, anyone have any idea how to get past this? Thanks.
Just tested SPMC, same problem. I also made a new share a chowned everything to the xbmc user, same results. Logs show nothing.
No change with 14 final release. Any ideas?
Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when you try to add the SMB share?
Yeah, I'll post it. I gave it a once over (tons of detail) and nothing stuck out. But I'll gladly oblige.
Well, I think I figured it out. NTLMv1 auth was disabled (as it should be, heh).