Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Compiled Kodi NFS errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi All,

I had Kodi working fine with my NAS box over NFS but i recently re-installed the OS and recompiled Kodi but now every time i try to access any files on my NAS box i get:

16:34:52 T:140568575338240 INFO: CNFSFile::Open: Unable to open file : 'mnt/general/global/Videos/Series/5x02.mp4' error : 'open call failed with "NFS: Lookup of /Videos/Series/5x02.mp4 failed with NFS3ERR_ACCES(-13)"'
16:34:52 T:140568575338240 ERROR: InputStream: Error opening, smb://STBigNas/General/Videos/Series/5x02.mp4

p.s. this is a path substitution, hence error opening smb://... and worked fine before re-install and still works fine on my other PC.

I have a second PC running a compiled version of Gotham and that works fine. I have also setup the insecure option in the export to get round the 'illegal port' error.

The NAS box shows the connection started fine:

rpc.mountd[3544]: authenticated mount request from 192.168.101.65:40384 for /mnt/general/global (/mnt/general/global)

I know NFS works fine from this machine to my NAS box because i have 4 NFS mounts without any issues.

Bit of background:

NAS is custom Centos 7 box
PC used to be Fed 20 but now is Fed 21.
Other working PC is Fed 20.

Configure line:
./configure --enable-airplay --enable-airtunes --enable-libcec --with-lirc-device=/var/run/lirc/lircd --enable-nfs --enable-libbluray --enable-vdpau

This is the same compile line i used on the second PC.

Thanks in advance...
Does this patch solve the issue: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5947 ?
Hi fritsch,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm afraid i still have the same issue.

Just to confirm, i did:

- if (m_pFile->GetChunkSize() && !(m_flags & READ_CHUNKED))
+ if (m_pFile->GetChunkSize() > 1 && !(m_flags & READ_CHUNKED))

make uninstall
make clean
make
make install

I think this is correct.

Thanks
Jep, okay. Then post a complete xbmc log with debugging turned on.

Ouh and get me: ls -l /somepath/somefileThatDoesNotWork.mkv
Here are the details of the file (i am a member of globalrwaccess):

Code:
[root@stbignas2 ~]# ls -l /mnt/general/global/Videos/Series/5x02.mp4
-rw-rwx---+ 1 root root 141919530 Dec 16 02:43 /mnt/general/global/Videos/Series/5x02.mp4
[root@stbignas2 ~]# getfacl /mnt/general/global/Videos/Series/5x02.mp4
getfacl: Removing leading '/' from absolute path names
# file: mnt/general/global/Videos/Series/5x02.mp4
# owner: root
# group: root
user::rw-
group::---
group:globalrwaccess:rwx
mask::rwx
other::---

Remember that this worked fine from Kodi previously.

With regards to the debug log, do you mean the ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.log with debug running? If so then this is quite a large log.
Use a pastebin near you, e.g. paste.ubuntu.com
This is the full debug log when trying to access the NFS through video files. (same fault)

http://ur1.ca/j6t9z

Thanks
NFS3ERR_ACCES is access permissions problem.
TheNom, could you playback the same file with any mediaplayer?
Or just simply copy it to local HD on the same HTPC?
The file plays perfectly from the same pc through an NFS mount in VLC. This PC is my desktop PC and the other is a dedicated XBMC media PC and i have no issue with either accessing the export.

The only NFS issues i have is through the built in version of NFS in Kodi. I have 3 PC's that i use XBMC\Kodi on using a central Mysql DB so copying to the local hdd is not really an option, also, isn't that just hiding the problem?
Could, just for fun, chmod the file 644 and retry? thx.
Same problem i'm afraid.

just an FYI, i get the same fault if i go into video -> files -> add videos -> browse -> NFS -> 192.168.101.11 (lists automatically) -> /mnt/general/global -> ERROR
post /etc/exports from the file - ensure you have a proper mapped userid which you run xbmc under (i guess the userid on the client side changed and now the fs permissions are not mapped right anymore).
On this same pc that I am having problems with kodi I have 4 NFS mounts to the same NAS box. One of those mounts is the /mnt/general/global that Kodi will not connect too. I use the same uid to run kodi (from gnome 3)and to access the mount with.

I also use free ipa so I am even using the exact same user as before and nothing has changed on the NAS box since the reinstall of my PC.

How can this be a different uid or export setting?

Here is the export anyway:

/mnt/general/global 192.168.101.0/24(rw,sec=sys:krb5:krb5i:krb5p,insecure)
Shouldn´t the IP adress of the export be the same as the listed share in kodi?

Quote: NFS -> 192.168.101.11 (lists automatically) -> /mnt/general/global -> ERROR

Quote:/mnt/general/global 192.168.101.0/24(rw,sec=sys:krb5:krb5i:krb5p,insecure)
Nope, that only means it is shared for the /24 subnet, which .11 also falls in, which is the server's ip.
Pages: 1 2