Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Looking for a streaming solution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm currently looking for a piece of software that compliments Kodi for when I'm away from home and on travel. This piece of software I would like to be able to Stream my library files to another computer / mobile device. It should be able to transcode the file on the fly.

I know plex has a library sharing feature that allows you to stream your library to other people you give permission too and it allows you to access your personal library from outside your local network. Is there other pieces of software that can do something similiar to this?
Check out MediaBrowser
I think that is exactly what I need. Not sure if I want to use the media browser add on for kodi or just point both kodi and MB3 to the same folders
I wouldn't use the mb add on. Too annoying to have to rely on an addon for something Kodi does fine on its own.

I do use MB server to scrape and generate NFOs however. Then for each client I scan use local only and this works great. That way the meta data is the same for both MB and Kodi.