Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: AFTV Lock prefrences for smb???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I posted this in the windows forum but I think it probably belongs here...

I'm trying to pull my files off my computer (Windows 7) via smb to my Amazon Fire TV (AFTV) running XBMC. I go to system, files, Windows smb, and browse. It recognizes my computer (DON-PC)DON-PC is the name of my computer. It then asks for a user name and password under "Lock preferences for smb//DON-PC". I just click "ok" and it then tells me "cannot connect to the network". I have my files under "BOXEE" set to share with "everyone" and I do not have any home groups, I also do not have Windows Live sign on assistant.

Funny thing is that my AFTV can see and scrap all my files on my NAS no problem. Also my old Boxee Box can see the files via smb on my computer just not the AFTV.

Also I tried putting a direct path for my files and it displays a "remote share" dialog box that tells me it cannot connect to the network. Anything I can check to see that it can connect to the "network". I checked settings and it shows that it connected to the internet, and it recognizes my computer (DON-PC) when I browse for smb sources.

I should note that I followed this posters directions to the letter and it worked for a couple of weeks. It then reverted back to asking for the password and user name.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=63123

Thanks!
Bump... anyoneHuh
Figured it out, I had to set the file sharing connections from 128 bit to 40-50 bit. AFTV see all my files now and doesn't ask for SMB lock preferences.
(2014-12-26, 21:35)FJ40 Wrote: [ -> ]Figured it out, I had to set the file sharing connections from 128 bit to 40-50 bit. AFTV see all my files now and doesn't ask for SMB lock preferences.

Do you mind telling me how you went about that? I'm having the same problem
Bumping this thread as I have the same problem.
Kodi will let me add two source folders ok, but when I try a third time, I get the lock preferences window.
I have to exit out of Kodi and then relaunch it. I can again add source folders twice, and the third time, same problem.