Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MadVR fork of XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a MadVR fork for XBMC? I know MadVR is windows only (hence a fork), but it would be sweet to not have to configure things to work with MPC-HC and have all the settings internal to XBMC (much better keyboard/controller support).

So is there a fork, or is there a fork planned?

Thanks,
JOe K.
So not possible? Is FFDShow too integrated
If this is anything to go by then absolutely no need http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1870522

However it is possible with http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=209596
To be fair, a 1080p source, played back at 1080p resolution, it's not the best way of judging MadVR quality. I have tried with SD sources and the resulting picture is slightly more aesthetically pleasing (to my subjective judgement).
(2014-12-29, 12:55)ashlar Wrote: [ -> ]To be fair, a 1080p source, played back at 1080p resolution, it's not the best way of judging MadVR quality. I have tried with SD sources and the resulting picture is slightly more aesthetically pleasing (to my subjective judgement).

I agree completely. MadVR shines in improving lower-resolution sources, such as converted from DVD. And also, a screenshot doesn't show its value, because the biggest improvement is in moving scenes. There's a smoothness and shading that I haven't been able to get any other way.
(2014-12-29, 20:16)pagali Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-29, 12:55)ashlar Wrote: [ -> ]To be fair, a 1080p source, played back at 1080p resolution, it's not the best way of judging MadVR quality. I have tried with SD sources and the resulting picture is slightly more aesthetically pleasing (to my subjective judgement).

I agree completely. MadVR shines in improving lower-resolution sources, such as converted from DVD. And also, a screenshot doesn't show its value, because the biggest improvement is in moving scenes. There's a smoothness and shading that I haven't been able to get any other way.

This is exactly the reason why I am interested in it. For legal streams via XBMC, an inherent up-convert
would be a dream scenario.

it's real power is in it's Luma and Chroma upscaling. It's dithering algo's are pretty impressive as well.

But upscaling is the main reasons I'm interested. Would love to see a Windows fork of MadVR to give it a test drive and let the community decide.

Controller and MadVR settings in the Skin would be amazing
DSPlayer now offers support for madVR: 223175 (thread).