Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Blank screen when selecting live tv
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I upgraded to Kodi last night and now when I select "live TV" all i get is a blank screen. If i push the direction buttons on the remote i hear the clicking noises like its doing things but there is nothing on the screen, just black, no menus or anyhing. This was not an issue prior to upgrading. Running on Windows 7 and nextPVR.
There is not much to go on there.

I assume everything is still working in NextPVR itself?

You'll probably need to post the Kodi.log (with debug logging enabled), and the web.log/nrecord.log.
NextPVR still works and if i revert to the old xbmc install that works fine as well.

Where are those files located?
The NextPVR logs are in c:\users\public\npvr\logs
Are you using a custom skin? Many Gotham skins will exhibit this exact behavior with live TV. Use confluence skin and see if live TV works.
(2014-12-26, 12:35)JasonPell Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using a custom skin? Many Gotham skins will exhibit this exact behavior with live TV. Use confluence skin and see if live TV works.

That is exactly the problem, I use Aeon MQ5, and with this skin you get the black screen when selecting the live TV. Defaulting to confluence will make everything work again.

What is the problem here? Is this a bug in the skin, not supporting Kodi, or it's a bug introduced to Kodi?
Does anyone have a solution?
Is there a PVR client that will run on win 8.1, Kodi and Aeon MQ5?

P.S.
Neon skin also does not work.

Tnx
I believe all Gotham skins will need upgrade to support PVR due to some changes in PVR for helix.

Its a PVR thing not a particular client issue. The skin authors I am sure are working on updated skins for helix. Check the skin forum
In Gotham, LiveTV was on a single window. In Kodi Helix, this has been separated into TV and Radio windows. As a result, this issue will occur in skins that are not Helix compatible.
I always use Confluence as it is the default skin, and any changes to the skinning engine are reflected in updates to the skin. (I also quite like Confluence)
Changing to the default skin fixed the problem. Thanks! Now my preferred skin just needs to be updated.