Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Duplicate episodes in series stored in NAS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello,
I have an issue with duplicate episodes in all the series I Have in my NAS. I never had an issue with the previous versions of XBMC but I always had the same issue with all the beta versions of Kodi. It seems that the program reads the hidden .ds folders in my NAS regardless of telling it not to show the hidden files.
What can I do?
This is happening to me as well - the duplicate episodes are because of .appledouble files on the share. My Mac or NAS creates them - I am not sure which yet.

This is a new behaviour under Kodi, before they were ignored...

Annoying and I haven't found a workaround yet.
Ok I found one workaround - use a different file sharing protocol other than SMB. I have connected to the same share on the NAS using NFS and do not have the issue now.

This will do until they (hopefully) revert back to the previous behaviour.
This is true if you can do that. For some reason I cannot do it from my android based top set. Hopefully some of the developers are watching this forum. I think this issue had to be fixed already because there was there from the alpha stage.
There's a couple ways to prevent this. You can prevent the Mac from making the files in the first place by following the tips on Mac FAQ (wiki). Also, Kodi itself should ignore files that start with a period as long as hidden files are turned off under Settings -> Appearance -> File lists.
(2014-12-30, 13:20)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Also, Kodi itself should ignore files that start with a period as long as hidden files are turned off under Settings -> Appearance -> File lists.

Hmmm.... This is apparently where Kodi has changed then because hidden files are still turned off but it is not ignoring those files. Should this be reported as a bug?
(2014-12-30, 14:08)at40south Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-30, 13:20)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Also, Kodi itself should ignore files that start with a period as long as hidden files are turned off under Settings -> Appearance -> File lists.

Hmmm.... This is apparently where Kodi has changed then because hidden files are still turned off but it is not ignoring those files. Should this be reported as a bug?

Hmm, strange. I can't reproduce it on my end, but I believe you when you say you can still see them. Sounds like a bug :)
Adding the following in the advancedsettings.xml worked for me.

Regexp to ignore ._filename.ext and .AppleDouble files:

<advancedsettings>
<video>
<excludefromscan action="append">
<regexp>[\\/]\.\_</regexp>
<regexp>\.AppleDouble</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
<excludetvshowsfromscan action="append">
</excludetvshowsfromscan>
</video>
</advancedsettings>
Do you know where can I find this file in android system?
The file should be located in the userdata (wiki) folder.

Note that the advancedsettings.xml file doesn't exist in this folder as default, you have to create it yourself.
(2014-12-30, 15:41)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, strange. I can't reproduce it on my end, but I believe you when you say you can still see them. Sounds like a bug Smile

Docteo's system is Android and mine is Raspberry Pi (Raspbmc) so maybe it was something introduced when they were ported across?
(2014-12-30, 18:28)HereIsMartin Wrote: [ -> ]Adding the following in the advancedsettings.xml worked for me.

Regexp to ignore ._filename.ext and .AppleDouble files:

<advancedsettings>
<video>
<excludefromscan action="append">
</excludefromscan>
<excludetvshowsfromscan action="append">
</excludetvshowsfromscan>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

Well, it didn't work for me. I cleaned up the library afterwards and reboot the Kodi but I still get duplicates.
BTW: Do I have to add the first line without the <> signs in the file I create? (I tried both but still nothing)
I removed the advancedsettings.xml file and updated the library and got duplicate episodes again.

From kodi.log:
DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found episode match smb://192.168.1.80/Public/Shared Videos/TV-Series/XXXX/Season 4/.AppleDouble/

I then restored the advancedsettings.xml file, removed the incorrect episode from Kodi and updated the library again and the .AppleDouble file wasn't added.

Did you add the advancedsettings.xml file in the correct folder, it should be located in the same folder as the guisettings.xml file.

You can enable Debug in Kodi and validate that the advancedsettings.xml file is loaded correctly. Look for the following messages in the log file:
NOTICE: Loaded settings file from special://profile/advancedsettings.xml
NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...

Also note that the file must be named advancedsettings.xml (lowercase).

Logfile: http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced
Advancedsettings: http://kodi.wiki/view/AdvancedSettings.xml
In any case this is not happening in the movies section. Only in TV series. So I think that must be reported as bug (where do I have to post it?)
I thought someone had opened a trac ticket for this, but I guess not since I can't seem to find it. Basically, go to http://trac.kodi.tv and use your forum username and password and that will make a formal bug report. Be sure to mention a link to this thread in the bug report as well.
Pages: 1 2 3