Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Does Nvidia 331 work with live TV on Gotham 13.2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried to update from nvidia-304-updates to nvidia-331 and when that failed to nvidia-331-updates. In each case xbmc loaded fine, but it is setup to go straight to livetv. When that happened the main menu (back row) froze and horizontal lines appeared on the screen. I couldn't even login to a terminal.

Downgraded to 304 updates and the problem disappeared. So my question is whether nvidia 331 works with xbmcbuntu running Gotham 13.2?
Well with 84 views and no replies, I'm guessing the answer is 'No'.
No reason why 331 shouldn't work. But if 304 is what your OS offers and defaults to and works then I am puzzled as to why you would change.

I am also puxzzled why you post no info on your operating system, or any attempt at debug logs.
(2015-01-13, 23:57)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]No reason why 331 shouldn't work. But if 304 is what your OS offers and defaults to and works then I am puzzled as to why you would change.

I am also puxzzled why you post no info on your operating system, or any attempt at debug logs.

Thanks for the reply. I did specify the OS in my original post:
Quote:So my question is whether nvidia 331 works with xbmcbuntu running Gotham 13.2?

The reason I wanted to upgrade was my system was struggling with some 1080p content. However I think I will wait a little longer and install Kodi which I hope will solve the problem.
I beg your pardon you did state xbmcbuntu, my apologies.

What version of ubuntu is that based on? I think perhaps 12.10, which is out of support. Did you get your 331 from a ppa or the ubuntu repos or direct from nvidia?
From the wiki:
For Gotham v13, the XBMCbuntu is based on Lubuntu 14.04LTS (Trusty Tahr)

I installed nvidia 331 from the ubuntu repos.

I don't know why it didn't work, but rather than spend a lot of time trying to find out, now that Kodi is released and skins are being updated, I thought it would be better to spend the time on getting Kodi right on my machine, once the dust settles. Of course if I still have trouble with 1080p, and I can't install nvidia 331, then it will be back to the drawing board to find the reason.

I suspect the problem was related to the myth plugin, as the xbmc box is set to go straight to live tv. The problem only began as live tv was due to start, hence the reason I posted on the mythtv forum. I was surprised no-one else had experienced this problem.
[Edit] posted in the linux forum