Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Few ideas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

Just discoverd this skin after installing kodi, more or less switched from Amber. One thing im missing is a custom
shutdown submenu, theres alot of options there and it whould be great if i could narrow it down to restart and shutdown only to
avoid confusion in the household =) ( i think all openeec users whould like this )

Also, is there anyway to get latest added episodes as thumbnails when standing on tvshows menu? I know its just a press up get a list, but personally i think the thumbnail look is a little nicer =)

annnnd a last thing, is there anyway to pick the standard submeny items you want instead of just discarding the whole submeny for tv-show? Tried to customize it but fell a little short.

Dont mean to sound greedy but thats just my 2cents =) Great skin and easily a keeper at my place, great work!
Fully custom menus might be in the next official release of Metropolis, but for now you are going to have to either modify yours manually, or use my unofficial version.

thats awsome! thank you!
I'm working on making the widgets function properly with the dynamic menu system, so for right now, the "widget selection" won't have any effect. Continue to use the normal Home Option switches (if you are going to use my personal version). It is going to take a while, I've been working on it for a bit, but in the end the widget code should be smaller and will allow for jingai to add more widgets more easily (right now it's a lot of work as the current method is almost 1000 lines long).
The following widgets are done now. (except for the 1950's one, it's a personal music playlist)
So the first page is and the top of the second are actual widgets, the rest are any playlists you may have or have created (I did include IMDB and in-progress ones).

If anyone can think of other widgets that should be included, let me know. (examples are great) I have left off add-ons and favorites, but if anyone thinks they need to be there, in lieu of simply just adding them as submenu links, explain.