Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon Nox Helix modded by Batiatus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I've molded the Aeon Nox Shednox fork skin to a near perfect version for myself.

Find the current version of this mod here. Then download the updated 1080I folder here. Replace the 1080i folder in the main download with this one for all the latest updates.

I use mainly Showcase, Landscape, Shift and Episode views for Movies and TV Shows. I've also done some work with the Tri-Panel for a specific reason.

All MPAA rating, Audio, Aspect Ratio and Resolution flags are all my custom.This included Dolby Atmos and Auro 3D Audio. Many studios flags have been added and/or modded as well most source flags and a number of others.

To begin, Showcase view for Movies.

Removed votes in brackets from the IMDB rating. Also better spaced all the floor icons. Aspect Ratio flag is based on adding the AR to the file name and path naming convention.

Added an icon for IMDB Top 250 films.

Added Oscar statue icon for Best Picture films, based on file naming convention similar to the AR or format.

Also reduced the title width to fit the re-spaced and added icons, and to make it look better than the super wide width it was.

Movies Landscape View

- All the same changes, additions and deletes as the Showcase view.
- Extra Info is movie year, runtime and rating, not tagline

Further mods at the links below.

Movie Info Screen Changes.

Video Player Info Screen

TV Show Mods

Best Picture and IMDB Top 250 sub-menu mods.

Find the current version of this mod here.

In order to use naming conventions for proper flags and icons you MUST use the following naming conventions:

Dolby Atmos - filename and path must include "Atmos"
Best Picture Oscar - filename and path must include "BestPicture"
Correct Film Aspect Ratio - filename and path must include the AR for that specific video. AR's included are as follows,

1.20:1 = 120
1.33:1 = 133
1.37:1 = 137
1.37:1 = 142
1.66:1 = 166
1.75:1 = 175
1.78:1 = 178
1.85:1 = 185
2.02:1 = 202
2.22:1 = 222
2.29:1 = 229
2.31:1 = 231
2.35:1 = 235
2.40:1 = 240
2.44:1 = 244
2.55:1 = 255
2.76:1 = 276

For TV shows in a different pixel aspect than the video aspect use the following,

4:3 Standard TV AR = TV43
16:9 High Defenition TV AR = TV169
Thanks for taking time to create your own thread. It's clearer. It's like "live tv mod" before shed make it available on his skin.
But it's so bad you have not do that before.
By the way, thanks for your work.
PS : too much people download it so at the moment, download not available.
Movie Info Screen changes.

- No "Original Title". Sorry for those who want that feature but bleh!
- Re-ordered and re-spaced all flags at top and bottom row.
- Changed icons for Runtime and Year. Also added "min." next to runtime rather than just having a number.
- Fixed "boxes" around each flag icon as well.
- Dropped director/writer icons in favor of text
- Re-added "Cinema" button for CE to the main movie info screen.
- Re-renamed "Extras" Button back to Manage

Updated the IMDB Top 250 icon to match main menus.

Info screen with Oscar Statue and IMDB Top 250 Icon

Video Extras add-on button added, visible only if that movie or TV show folder has an "Extras" sub-folder which will open to show videos contained there within.

Aspect Ratio flag and Atmos flags work here the same as they do on the main menus.

I have been trying to dissect the code that gets the actor photo/name to show up over the poster when highlighted to do the same for both director and writer. So far, no dice. If anyone knows where I should be looking please let me know.
Hey

I like certain parts of this mod (pause screen) but can you share the file so I can add cinema experience to info screen.

Thanks
Hey some of these changes are awesome! Might have to work them into my version of the skin I've been messing around with.

Any idea how to adjust the title text bar on showcase view?
Batiatus has been banned ?? ouch.
again?
Were you ever able to adjust the width of the text box for showcase view?

(2015-01-18, 12:25)wilmans2m Wrote: [ -> ]Batiatus has been banned ?? ouch.

D'oh!
Can anyone tell me what xml file and lines I need to alter to move the rotating discart from the right hand side of the poster to above it?
(2015-01-27, 01:34)Lorax Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyone tell me what xml file and lines I need to alter to move the rotating discart from the right hand side of the poster to above it?

you could install Shednox for Helix and you will get that effect.
(2015-01-27, 22:52)sarlan19 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-27, 01:34)Lorax Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyone tell me what xml file and lines I need to alter to move the rotating discart from the right hand side of the poster to above it?

you could install Shednox for Helix and you will get that effect.

I'd prefer to maintain everything else as is and just make that one change though.
Video Player Info Screen Changes

- Enlarged the poster size
- Moved the spinning disc to the right side of the poster and enlarged
- Reduced polt width to easier to read size and to not be covered by the poster and disc
- Moved the stars rating from the right side to the left.
- Re-added the film's year above the rating stars
- Moved the clearart back to lower right corner
- Better spaced all 6 top icons
- Added variable to use Dolby Atmos audio flag
- Reduced width of movie title bar to more aesthetic size
- Changed subtitle variable to movie tagline

Also added an Oscar statue icon for best picture winners based on the naming convention and IMDB Top 250 based on NFO..

TV Landscape Screen

- Removed the "Returning/Ended" flag.
- Created cleaner IMDB flag icon.
- Re-spaced flag icons
- Removed redundant information from floor

TV Episodes View

- Re-ordered and re-spaced flags at bottom better (note - only for TV Shows. Movies is still messed up)
- Added season number under poster
- Episode titles given more room to breath
- Removed air date and IMDB rating from un-highlighted episodes
- Noted "Original Air Date" next to actual date on highlighted episode.
- Poster now shows proper season poster for the highlighted episode. (Still working on Special episodes).

TV Episode Info Screen

- Re-ordered and better spaced all flags at top row and bottom row.
- Changed Season and Episode numbers to individual flags
- Created new (and separate) Original Air Date flag
- As with Movies, director/writter icons changed to text, remaining flags tweaked to be more aesthetic and made "boxes" around each flag properly
- "Extras" button re-renamed to Manage. Video Extras button will work the same as Movies.
- Since there's no disc art for TV Shows I've included the individual show thumbnail on the info screen - moved the plot scroll controls to lower right of thumb..

TV player Info Screen

- All similar changes from Movie player info screen.
- Plot is wider due to lack of disc support

*** I have changed the plot width to be the same width as the Movie player info screen plot box. The super wide version just doesn't look good. But the lack of disc art makes the narrower box seem uneven. So I replaced the series poster with the episode thumb. Still debating if I like this change or need to further tweak it.

Using the Best Picture naming convention to operate a playlist on a sub-menu brings up this tri-panel view with the following mods.

- Re-spaced and added all relevant flag icons.
- Reduced width of left list to not obscure the poster art. Also modded the "frame" for the poster.
- Added Oscar statue for Best Picture winners

IMDB Top 250 playlist work the same way.
hmmm i must say... even when i dont like your behavior sometimes... some of your ideas are realy not bad
Pages: 1 2 3 4