Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Disable LiveTV Problem?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am just in early steps of testing Kodi 14.0 with a new install of Mythtv 0.28 on ATV 2.

It appears there may be a bug with disabling the LiveTV option in the plugin settings. Unless this is enabled the TV menu doesn't seem to appear.

I have no need for this option and only use Kodi as a Frontend for watching recordings.

Am I missing something?

Thank you,
Scott
I'm not a Myth user, so I'm extrapolating from other addons.

It's functioning as expected: it's not a bug, it's assumed that you have a connection to the backend to get EPG, recording information and so on from the PVR software. It sounds like you should just disable the addon and use a mapped path to your recordings - just play them as files - so add a new Video source, navigate to the recording location, and add it but with no content (unless you want to scrape to your library). You can add a shortcut to that source by then adding it as a favourite, and that way it's only a click or so away on the home screen.

Make sense? Any use?
There is no downside to hitting the enable livetv addon is there? Then you get access to recordings. It doesn't mean you HAVE to use livetv.
In gotham disabling live tv in plugin would still allow access to recordings. Since kodi that setting completely disables the plugin. If that's intended its kind of superfluous as you can just use the global kodi live tv enable disable
Not if you have two different back ends
(2015-01-19, 11:10)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Not if you have two different back ends

true but you can disable the addon via kodi addon mgr so still this setting is superfluous unless the gotham functionality is restored.

The original intention was just to disable live tv not entire plugin