Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Low end Brix & NUC devices for Live TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey All,

I've recently implemented a Live TV Server (tvheadend) and seeing as theres not nice way of using with chromecast. I've decided to got with htpc's.

I've been looking at the Gigabyte Brix - GB-BXBT-2807 and the Intel NUC n2830(updated version).

I've read somewhere the GPU is fine for playing HD content but, the SD channels on my tv server would need to be de-interlaced and upscaled. which is where the problems occur.

Is this a actual problem or are u guys using either of these devices successfully in this situation?

I intend to use Ubuntu with steam (for streaming) and Kodi installed. (i may use windows if this fails)

Cheers
Celeron 2955/2957U based boxes (Chromebox, Zotac BI320 etc.) are significantly better at de-interlacing and scaling than the Celeron N2830 and N2807 boxes as the former have significantly better GPUs (Haswell vs Baytrail)
(2015-01-15, 01:21)noggin Wrote: [ -> ]Celeron 2955/2957U based boxes (Chromebox, Zotac BI320 etc.) are significantly better at de-interlacing and scaling than the Celeron N2830 and N2807 boxes as the former have significantly better GPUs (Haswell vs Baytrail)

Thanks for help noggin, just ordered a Zotac BI320, very cheap device