Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 1080LX - A Simplified Helix MOD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello all,

I want to introduce to you what I have been working on a for about a month now. It is a modified skin based on 'Black's Xperience1080 and 1080XF. It will be released under the name "1080LX" (Lite Experience) and for Helix ONLY. The skin will be heavily modified in terms of changes to its code, and will contain many new textures and icons which are all open sourced, so you will be free to reuse them in your own skin. I will also released the counterpart PSDs for some of the textures.

Note: The power/shutdown menu will simply be called "Menu" and placed on the far right in order to match the "M" key placement on the keyboard. This creates a more natural and fluid experience.

Current Stage: Prototyping (Non-released version for UI/UX development)
* Skin will be released on Github once all code is cleaned up

I have purposefully avoided producing mock-ups due to it slowing down my workflow.
As such, All images are still a WIP but gives you an idea on what has changed, and what the skin might look like.

watch gallery
Here are some additional screenshots showing more of the GUI.

watch gallery
Greetings Neuronetix, what an Excellent MOD, I like the changes, color and gradient choises etc., it looks very clean, modern and yet minimalistic. I like the attention payed to details and looking forward to this release.

Some minor inputs: It would be great if the “Thumbnails” view could be used in file mode/custom folders etc instead of only “List view” as in the Xperience skin. In the default confluence skin along with most other skins the simple “List View” & “Thumbnails view” can be used in all modes and that makes sense since some personal music & video contents cannot be added to the library or scraped.

Can the content/folder.jpg/-fanart.jpg of a custom “video-playlist” / smart-playlist be shown in the homescreen as a widget if a user wants to replace the default ones?[/align]

Keep up the good work and best regards.
I like it too!

Nice idea for the music tab
Looks promising!
I really like the clean & simple look! :)

but what does that mean:
I think it’s the IMDB rating with super decimal accuracy, It must be from a few weeks ago since the rating has now dropped to 7.8. In my opinion a simple star logo/icon along with a rounded nr *7.8 as used in the baseline 1080XF skin would look better and cleaner. Cheers
(2015-01-16, 23:56)AhuraMazda Wrote: [ -> ]I think it’s the IMDB rating with super decimal accuracy, It must be from a few weeks ago since the rating has now dropped to 7.8. In my opinion a simple star logo/icon along with a rounded nr *7.8 as used in the baseline 1080XF skin would look better and cleaner. Cheers

You may be correct. As mentioned it's all still a work in progress. I'm working on including star ratings to the widget labels, including elsewhere in the skin, but having to do a workaround. I'm using Roboto as the main font, this means each control would need to be divided into two parts, where the stars are given their own labels using the 'OpenSansCond' font which has unicode support.
Wow, that looks pretty nice. Will you be able to deactivate the weather tab?
Cheers!
(2015-01-17, 12:54)dimaceti Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, that looks pretty nice. Will you be able to deactivate the weather tab?
Cheers!

Yes you will. I purposely used icons for Live TV, Home and Settings so that if a user decides to hide all the sections they will see this.

Looking great.
Wow..Looks really great. Will we be able to hide weather panel due to weather widget problems or replace it with a custom panel to add more items? Thanks for the hard work.
I am going to work on including one or two new views to the skin, as well as modifying some of the current ones. Such as, Info List and Landscape, which you can see in the screenshots above.

This will be an extended view for TV Shows, Seasons, Episodes, Movies, and possibly Music. It will also have the option to show logos or clear-art instead of thumbnails for TV Shows and Movies.

Movies:

TV Shows:

Episode:

The other views will be a card-stack view, similar to Piers' addition with a full width background, but instead show two to three next items in the list stacked behind the one in focus. Scrolling will then be vertical. And then a wall view featuring a dense group of posters, but on focus it will then reveal plot/rating information beside it.
I've been a long time visitor of this site and long time user of XBMC/Kodi.. I have finally registered on the forums and the reason why is I am highly anticipating this clean and crisp look!
I love most of the Fusion skin views ... just my two cents Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3