Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: requesting help with sets for movies please..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I am using the stable version of ember, v 1.3r20, and I am trying to add some films into a set.

I went to Tools/Sets Manager and created in the left box under sets, A set called "James Bond 007" without the "". then under the list of movies I selected "For Your Eyes Only (1981) and click on the small green arrow at the bottom, (I assumed that would add the film to the set), but nothing happens.
So I tried the same with "Quantum of Solace (2008)" and again nothing happens,....

Any pointers please chaps... as the movies scrape perfectly, but I just cannot add as a set.

help and advice most welcome..
sadsack

-----------------------------------------------

Sorry chaps, just realised, highlight "James Bond 007" then I can add movies..... Dohhhhhhhh
My advice are, Use the amazing beta version, 1,4 version, give to us a wonderfull and USEFUL tools to manage collections.

Cheers,
Thanks for the advice Soujirou Seta, i'll give it a go..

I just wanted to know something please chaps...

I have the standard confluence skin, is this compatible with showing movies in sets... because I used EMM made a set called James Bond 007, saved 3 titles to it, and I have show movies in sets enabled.

But nothing seems to happen, this has started to become a bogbear now..... even though I use emm to setup my movie collection with the artwork that I want, whenever i restart xbmc/kodi it always seems to start going online and scrapping again... I thought that xbmc/kodi would stop doing this if all the relevent info is already in place within each movies folder.

one other thing, I've just watched a "how to" on youtube showing how to set up sets, and I wondered if this is correct, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf-6V3jSke8 in this he places movies into folders to make sets... but from what I can see there is no way to be able to make the set show in Date order.

Where as in this "how to" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8kOIAf5OpI (I think not using confluence) he is able to have the movies in any order he wants.

I'm kinda lost know chaps,... is it one or the other, life just shouldn't be this difficult.....lol

Is there a reason why EMM did not create the set for me, (or did it, because when I run it, the set is still there)... Is there something else that I am missing?

any advice please chaps...
sadsack...

p.s. I hope it was okay to post the links, as I think they are relevant to my problem.
Lets go comrade!
1º Set in the Kodi: "Agrupe movies in collections" on Options/Collection

After this, set the collecion on ember, and "refresh" info on Kodi (recharg info, press "i" on keyboard)

2º Use the scrape (on kodi), "local information only"

Ler's see if resolve your issues!

Cheers, Soujirou Seta

PS: sorry for my terrible english....
Thank you for the help Soujirou Seta,

It was the refresh on Kodi/xbmc that never works for me..... I have an Ipad and an ATV2 both set up identically, ...
The Ipad works flawlessly, ... but the ATV2 never, ever works how it should do.
I have to go to each new film I add And tell kodi/xbmc that I want the "information" on the film and then it works fine...
Not much good if you have to do a lot at a time.

So as an experiment I decided to do something that I read elsewhere... And that was to completely remove my movie folder, and then to setup kodi/xbmc with a new "Movies" folder through smb, .... and I can hardly believe it, the "Set's" feature worked.
I Only did a test on one, "James Bond", but it worked. Now I just need to see if I have to keep telling kodi for "Information" on every new movie I add.
The weird thing is, when kodi/xbmc is first run, I can see Kodi/xbmc reading in the details for each new movie I add, but they just don't seem to want to appear once added.
No amount of refreshing will pull in the details, the only thing that works is the Video/File/Movie "More Information" and then kodi see's the new movie and adds it in.
Ive tried "Update Library" "Scan for new content"
Under Library I've tried "Update Library" but nothing works.
Even though I know kodi has read in the details.
Maybe that's it.... every time I add another 2 or 3 movies I will have to remove the "Movies" folder and re-add it to kodi and let it scan in again.
I'm seriously thinking that the ATV2 might not be up to the job.... and maybe it would be worth me getting hold of one of those quad core android boxes instead... lol