Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: new user, alot of questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
im new to emm and have a few question, i searched google/faq and forum and couldn't find answers:

1. can emm mark or find duplicate movies?
2. i want emm to scrap only data that isn't present, is that "movie missing items"?
3. if i scrape a movie for all types of files, will it overwrite already downloaded files?
4. does emm keeps log of what it looked for? i mean: can i for example scrape all movies for "logo" excluding those who already have or already searched for and couldn't find any.
5. can i mark all movies with same genre so i can change all of them at once? (i want to combine genre with different languages)
6. can emm write all its data directly to xbmc/kodi or only prepare the ground for xbmc scraping?
7. can emm reads logos i downloaded with "artwork downloader" for kodi?
8. if i scraped all movies to kodi, now i downloaded another art with emm, will kodi reads it automatically? should i re-scrape all on kodi?

thanks
1. Yes, in the bottom of the film list, see option:"duplicated"
2.Yes, this correct, but, not allways find all stufs."some itens simple dont exist on the web..
3. No, you're find the option "block" in the global settings-scrape information
4.Yes, you're find the option "Only clearlogo" in shearch movies
5.----
6.----
7. Yes, but form must be the same
8. 2 options: Fresh install "delete userdata folder", or Refresh information to every movie, manual way.

Good job, and sorry for my terrible english.

Salute.
Wink
(2015-01-20, 19:47)hasamba Wrote: [ -> ]im new to emm and have a few question, i searched google/faq and forum and couldn't find answers:

1. can emm mark or find duplicate movies?
2. i want emm to scrap only data that isn't present, is that "movie missing items"?
3. if i scrape a movie for all types of files, will it overwrite already downloaded files?
4. does emm keeps log of what it looked for? i mean: can i for example scrape all movies for "logo" excluding those who already have or already searched for and couldn't find any.
5. can i mark all movies with same genre so i can change all of them at once? (i want to combine genre with different languages)
6. can emm write all its data directly to xbmc/kodi or only prepare the ground for xbmc scraping?
7. can emm reads logos i downloaded with "artwork downloader" for kodi?
8. if i scraped all movies to kodi, now i downloaded another art with emm, will kodi reads it automatically? should i re-scrape all on kodi?

thanks
I think all is possible to do but not easy, you have to learn and master Ember and understand all settings to do it.
If you don't like to mess with your main library, take a copy of some of it and install Ember and see what it can or can't do for you
2. It's only possible with additional content like, posters, fanarts, ... , not with missing data inside the NFO. You can only scrape the whole NFO.
3. Use global locks for single NFO entries and disable "overwrite existing ... (poster, fanart,...)" in image settings to lock single image types.
5. use the filter to get all movie with a specific genre, mark them and use right mouse button to add/change the genres
6. not yet
(2015-01-20, 22:53)Soujirou Seta Wrote: [ -> ]1. Yes, in the bottom of the film list, see option:"duplicated"
2.Yes, this correct, but, not allways find all stufs."some itens simple dont exist on the web..
3. No, you're find the option "block" in the global settings-scrape information
4.Yes, you're find the option "Only clearlogo" in shearch movies
5.----
6.----
7. Yes, but form must be the same
8. 2 options: Fresh install "delete userdata folder", or Refresh information to every movie, manual way.

Good job, and sorry for my terrible english.

Salute.
Wink

thanks, will try all

(2015-01-21, 09:46)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]2. It's only possible with additional content like, posters, fanarts, ... , not with missing data inside the NFO. You can only scrape the whole NFO.
3. Use global locks for single NFO entries and disable "overwrite existing ... (poster, fanart,...)" in image settings to lock single image types.
5. use the filter to get all movie with a specific genre, mark them and use right mouse button to add/change the genres
6. not yet

thanks
I've looked at the configuration million times and tried to understand, just didn't see the filter at the bottom Smile
maybe it should be highlighted or something

the main question is:
if now i select all my movies, (some have fanart, some have logos...) and i scrape for everything (and i disabled the overwrite existing..) will emm download only the missing content to save time?
from your answers i get vaguely yes.

thanks again
(2015-01-21, 09:57)hasamba Wrote: [ -> ]the main question is:
if now i select all my movies, (some have fanart, some have logos...) and i scrape for everything (and i disabled the overwrite existing..) will emm download only the missing content to save time?
from your answers i get vaguely yes.

thanks again

Depending of how you setup Ember you can scrap for missing items, one at a time
If some movies have missing logos and other have missing clearart, you have to run it twice, one for each type missing