Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Streaming to Kodi for Android from ServerWMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just recently set up my Windows 7 machine (Ceton InfiniTV 4 and Hauppague OTA tuners on WMC) with ServerWMC and the addon in Kodi for my Raspberry Pi. The setup works great; all my OTA channels and my cable channels through the Ceton tuner work just fine.

I just discovered that I can get Kodi on Android via the app on my Motorola Moto X (original, not the new one). Installed the app, loaded it up, enable the Live TV and enabled the ServerWMC client addon, configured it to point at my server, and all my channels and EPG loaded up. All seems okay!

Then I tried to watch live TV; went to channel list and selected one of my cable channels. Kodi buffers, the ServerWMC says 1 of my 4 tuners is streaming, and I get audio but no video. After about 10 seconds, the audio stops as well. I tried a few other channels and so far, the only channel that plays (I get video and audio correctly) is one of my OTA channels (20.1) through my hauppauge tuner. Other OTA channels (6.1, 8.1, 13.1, etc.) nor any of my cable channels will stream; they all do what happened above, black screen with audio for 10s, then audio stops as well.

Again, ALL my channels stream just fine on my Raspberry Pi, so it seems like maybe it'd have to be something with the Moto X phone client?

Any ideas? My logic here being that if I can get streaming TV to work on Android, maybe I'd be better off getting one of these Android PC's on a stick for a client at a TV instead of Raspberry Pi's or the other extreme, a full-blown PC with openelec or Windows 7 WMC.

Thanks,
Mike
Can a Moto X decode mpeg2?
I'm not sure. It seems strange that it'd play a stream from one local OTA channel but not any others. I can see maybe only streaming the local OTA channels and not the cable channels, or vice versa, but just one of the 15 digital OTA channels? Unless it's the only channel I have that's not mpeg2 encoded for some reason...
I have no experience with this, but usually we get this type of complaint when the client is missing the decoder it needs. But your one working channel does seem to throw a monkey wrench into it. You can look at swmc's log after you start a live stream (search for OpenLiveStream) and see the info in lists for the stream types it found and see if there is something different about your one working channel compared to the others.
Thanks for the reply krusty. I'll give that a try tonight, reboot the server, load up the working channel on my phone, then try a channel that didn't work, check the log and see. Its got to be something decoder based on the phone probably.