Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Playbacks stops when switching channels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am running Kodi 14 via Openelec on a raspberry pi as well as a DVBLink Server on my NAS.

I am using the Addon DVBLink PVR Client for Live TV which basically works fine. However, I have a problem when switching channels which is pretty annoying. Changing the channels by pressing "UP" or "DOWN" works just fine, yet if I select a new channel by choosing it from a list (e.g. with Yatse, Web Interface Remote ...) then playbacks just stops and I have to select the channel again in order to start it.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,
Matthias
Can you confirm whether it only happens with the Yatse remote?
It happens with the Yatse Remote but ALSO with e.g. Chorus Web Interface.

Let me know if you need any technical details, logs, etc.

Thanks.
Can you test with a keyboard if the same happens when you switch from the list? If not it's probably specific to the JSON-RPC layer.
Not sure how I would do that because if I switch the channel directly in Kodi I have to stop the fullscreen playback first in order to get back to the channel list.

However, I can confirm when switching the channel in Kodi directly, i.e. in the list with the preview playback, everything works fine.
Just press tab to exit the fullscreen mode, then change using the list.
thanks for the hint, didn't know that.

so I can confirm it works with the keyboard, no problems switching channels here.
so, is there anyway to fix the issue?
Can you file a bug report on trac.kodi.tv and CC me and xhaggi?
Done, many thanks so far.