Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Smart Playlist problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having major problems with smart playlist functionality. I have stored about 4 small videos locally in a folder called Videos on my pi. I want play approximately 70 in continuous loop.

I added them to a library and they show up with no problem. Yet, when I try to create a playlist, none of them appear in the playlist. I've included the xml for my playlist here. I'm totally lost.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
<name>test4</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="path" operator="is">
<value>/home/pi/Videos/</value>
</rule>
</smartplaylist>
I've not created playlists manually, only through gui, however mine are all path contains rather than path is. Mine all work fine like this. I forget if i did this because path is did not work, but have a feeling it didn't.

Not sure exactly how that translates to creating the playlists in xml though.
Thank you. I'm going to try that.

EDIT: I tried that and no joy. It's insane. I have four files all encoded the same way (.mp4), but while they will play in the library, the playlist will not pick them up. I've even changed the names to match. Has anybody gotten it to work?
Gu
(2015-01-25, 04:54)OswaldKenobi Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you. I'm going to try that.

EDIT: I tried that and no joy. It's insane. I have four files all encoded the same way (.mp4), but while they will play in the library, the playlist will not pick them up. I've even changed the names to match. Has anybody gotten it to work?

Just checked and mine are using path contains.

Sorry bud, can't think of anything else at the moment.

Might be silly question, but do they play when manually started through library view? Did you scan the mp4s before you moved them and not clean library perhaps? Just guessing now.
Edit, just re read your last post, your problem is bugging me now!
Here's what it says in one of my working smart playlists

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
<name>Documentaries</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="path" operator="contains">
<value>/home/rich/Documentaries/</value>
</rule>
</smartplaylist>

If you have tried constains operator then I don't see what you could be doing wrong.
I think I found the problem. 2 days of testing and I discovered that my videos must be cross referenced with a database. For example, if I scan "Batman," it will show up in the playlist. But if I have generic video, it will not. I'm trying to figure out how to go about reconfiguring Kodi to pick up non-databased videos.
(2015-01-26, 06:51)OswaldKenobi Wrote: [ -> ]I think I found the problem. 2 days of testing and I discovered that my videos must be cross referenced with a database. For example, if I scan "Batman," it will show up in the playlist. But if I have generic video, it will not. I'm trying to figure out how to go about reconfiguring Kodi to pick up non-databased videos.

How many videos are you trying to add to playlist this way?
You could create basic nfo files for each video and set to use local info only for video source. Last time I created a nfo file for something must of been 6+ years, so you'll have to google exactly what to do.
Bored so had a play with nfo files earlier. All info is on wiki, but pretty easy to setup basic nfo from scratch.

I just setup some home videos as a TV show.
Thanks! I'll take a look at it and give it a try.