Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help needed.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently got a Hauppauge 1229 WinTV-HVR-2255 White Box for System Builders Dual Hybrid PCI-E TV Tuner Board, but it didn't come with a remote or IR blaster. I have an old IR baster that looks like this, http://i.imgur.com/rmoNBHF.jpg I'm not sure it will even work with my card. Anyways I just got a Logitech Harmony 650 remote and made the mistake of getting a regular one. So it didn't come with the usb IR sensor. Sad Can I use it still on the computer and what do I need to do? Also what is the best backend setup for my current system. I have regular antenna tv and cable going into my tv card. Thanks so much
With enough effort the harmony will work with pretty much any usb IR receiver - but for the easiest setup / best integration in kodi look for an MCE receiver that uses the ehome drivers. Get one of those and everything pretty much just works.
If you do end up getting one then take a look here for tweaks - it's a brilliant resource.
Edit: forum thread is here.