Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HOWTO populate library from upnp source
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Maybe I am doing in wrong (surely !), but maybe you can help me :

I have a NAS Synology, which hosts all my videos. I activated the UPNP protocol, and I can see the files hosted.
But I only see them on the Files menus, not in the libray (the library part does not appear !) More, no thumbnail displayed, no information, etc... (but I think it is logic, as they are not scrapped, cause not in the library...right ?) (but I am able to play the movie)

If I mount the network file system directly and add this folder as a source, then the library is correctly populated, and my videos display well.

So my question is : is it normal that through UPNP we are not able to add the files to the library ? Or am I doing it wrong ? Or something is missing ... ?
I tested this on windows 7 and Mac OSX, with Kodi 14

watch gallery
read the second paragraph here:

http://kodi.wiki/view/UPnP/Media_source
I already went through all these steps, I am able to play movies stored on the NAS. But still nothing is referenced neither added in the library, and the scrapers does not get metadata for those files...
it reads:

"Currently, due to technical limitations (dynamic file paths) UPnP file sources can't be scanned into the local library"