Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Feature Request] TV Season Art
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For TV Shows, there should be the ability to download season fanart. As far as I can tell, this isn't yet possible with tMM.

If it is possible, and I'm missing something / doing something wrong, please let me know!

The naming convention is:

seasonXX-fanart (stored in the show folder, not the season folder)

From memory, I also believe banners are supported at season level too.
I agree to this! Tried this manager first time today (best manager I have found!) But missing this makes it unusable for me Sad
where to get season fanart?

thetvdb has only posters/banners and fanart.tv has posters/thumbs (low res!) and banner..
I don't think any skin uses season fanart and as mlaggner mentioned there aren't any season fanart available.
I have only tried the Aeon mq5 skin and that one uses it. So quite sure that many more skins also uses season fanart. In MQ5 When you list all season it takes the SeasonXX-fanart.jpg file that are located in the series main folder as background and when you are browsing episodes in one season it uses the fanart.jpg that are located in that season folder. But yes I don't think thetvdb or so list what fanart belongs to which season. So you have to choose what you thnk fit best yourself. If not just take some random.Aanyway nice to get a new fanart for each season imo.
Hi there Smile
Sorry to reactivate this old thread, but I didn't find a new one and the "problem" seems to still exist.
I just started to use TMM as replacement for Ember and I am missing the season fanart option too. I use "Transparency" as a skin which displays season fanart in the same way as described earlier in this thread (seasonxx-fanart stored in show folder).
Ember offers in its media selection toole simply all available fanart for the show as there is no dedicated season fanart category on thetvdb as you already mentioned. Per default ember chooses as season fanart the same picture as for show fanart, but the user can choose different backgrounds if he wants to.
I like this feature very much because often there are a lot of great backdrops for a season and by this I can choose the best of them as season fanarts and I am not restricted to one fanart as show fanart.

Please consider to add this feature, as all necessary code blocks should already exist in TMM (downloading of fanart, per season selection of pictures (posters only currently) another selection of a fanart picture should not be hard to do. I hope Smile

Thanx in advance... Wink
I've put it to our ToDos list