Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: where do I find the program
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A friend of mine programmed my laptop and had everything working--but I can't find it--do I need to reload every time I use it?--Will be adding to my PC later--any help would be gratefully accepted

Shar
(2015-01-28, 21:15)rogandshar Wrote: [ -> ]A friend of mine programmed my laptop and had everything working--but I can't find it--do I need to reload every time I use it?--Will be adding to my PC later--any help would be gratefully accepted

Shar
What version of windows?
laptop is Windows 7 and pc is 8
(2015-01-29, 01:57)rogandshar Wrote: [ -> ]laptop is Windows 7 and pc is 8
Do you have a menu item for KODI?
If you find it make a shortcut to the desktop or task bar.
You shouldn't have to install it again.
Should be able to get to Kodi at C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi just click on the .exe or search Kodi from the program menu
It has been my experience from installing Kodi several times on windows 7 and 8 over the past month, that if you aren't logged in as the administrator (and I don't mean run the installer as admin, I mean logged in with an account with admin creds), then Kodi won't create a shorcut or program group. IF you are logged in as administrator, it will create a program group, but no shortcut AND the program group is for the current user, not all users, so no other users will see it.

Searching for the exe and creating a shortcut isn't that difficult, but really an unnecessary step. Maybe it's working as intended.