Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Newly Added Recordings Will Not Play Until Library Update in Linux installs using SMB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've found a bug with Kodi's handling of Live TV, and am wondering if anyone can give me any suggestions on how to fix or work-around it.

The bug causes newly added recordings in Live TV to not be able to play until you do a library update. The bug only appears to affect Linux installations (mine is OpenELEC) that are trying to access Live TV via a SMB share (as in the case of Windows Media Center). Here are the details:

I have an Intel NUC running OpenELEC using the PVR.wmc plug-in. I also have a Windows Media Center computer running the ServerWMC plug-in. When ServerWMC is configured to supply SMB links to Recorded TV shows, newly recorded shows will not play until I do a library update or I access the files area in the Video section of Kodi. The newly recorded shows will also play if I first start watching an older show that existed the last time that I did a library update. However, as new shows are added later, they will be unable to be played until I again do a library update or visit the Files area under Videos.

If ServerWMC is configured to supply no links to the Recorded TV shows until AFTER I attempt to play them, the bug is a bit different. In that case, I just need to do one library update, anytime, and then newly added shows (even shows added after I do the library update) will play without any trouble until I do a reboot

I've tried working with the ServerWMC devs, but since WMC is a Windows product, they don't really have may suggestions as to how to resolve this issue. My theory is that something about Linux, or OpenELEC in particular, handles SMB.

Can anyone think of any reason why this would happen, and how I might work-around or fix it?
Did you ever find a solution to this issue? I'm having the same problem.

Edit: Nevermind, found your solution here:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=193310

Thanks!