Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Skin Testing: Xperience1080 3.50 - Released!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
This is for testing new versions of the skin, please include bug reports here and not in the main thread.

This has now been sent to the repository, I'll leave this thread open and pinned to the top for the time being - thank you to everyone who's spent the last month testing.

Please take a minute or two to give feedback - this series of releases aims to fix any outstanding issues in the skin. I've looked through every post I can find and fixed what I can reproduce. However, it's an alpha/beta release so there will most likely be issues. I would very much like to hear your opinions -- whether good or bad.

Changes compared to current repo version.
  • Trakt add-on dialogue integration
  • Extended widget support for Upcoming Movies, In Theatres, Popular Movies, Top Rated Movies, Trending TV Shows, Trending Movies.
  • Correctly user-translated strings
  • Corrects skin support for the Home Theatre add-on.
  • Various fixes to Kiosk Mode
  • Fixes to all areas of the File Manager
  • Small visual progress indicator added to now playing media
  • Various fixes to TV Tunes + labels + Skin Settings
  • Optional Coloured Home Tiles
  • Option to disable stream path
  • Changes Song Count to Album count (requested more than once).
  • Corrects Search going to Power button instead of Search 'bar'.
  • Adds an option to reset the skin to default settings, use with caution.
  • Special episodes now show season number
  • Ability to select custom overlay + 12 new ones to choose from
  • Optional Left/Right arrows on the Home screen (helpful for children or new users)
  • Removal of unwanted Pause Icon
  • When no library content is available in Home widgets, a new icon and text is shown so the user understands
  • Kiosk mode fixes (Favourites etc)
  • Fix of Library scan status not updating when changing views
  • Home Weather updates for users without artwork
  • New Lyrics window and multiple music section fixes
  • New variables for each Banner viewtype
  • Fixed aspect ratio textures not displays for 2.40:1 and two others
  • Profiles section now matches design of other Settings areas
  • Conditional Profile Image strings - example: when Movies is disabled the text will now not display the Movie count.
  • Episodes unwatched count now corrected throughout skin
  • Fanart now disabled in TV Guide when option selected
  • 3D button in UI
  • New Home layout - reduced width and more widget spaces
  • Re-worked Skin Settings to make more sense
  • + Over 251 commits since the last version fixing multiple issues.

... see changelog.txt for all other changes since last stable version.

Currently only the languages below are fully supported in this version - the others have not yet been translated. You can view the progress and help out here: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/xbm...in-1080xf/

Fully Translated and included:
  • English
  • English (US)
  • French (Canada)
  • German
  • Polish
  • Lithuanian
  • Spanish
  • Portuguese (Brazil)
  • Dutch
  • Korean (meh, 98%)

If your language is not up above then it needs translating. If you have a good understanding of English, this shouldn't take more than 30 minutes.

All other languages are only ~50% translated and require translators.

This update won't be available from the official repository until it's been fully tested.

3.45.x 1080XF Download

3.49.x Xperience1080 Download*

* the skin is reverting back to Xperience1080 - it's probably worth you downloading that version instead. Your skin settings WILL be reset (sorry).

Want to buy me a coffee?

USD and GBP also accepted Rolleyes
Updated from 3.44.94 to .96
In case you missed it version 3.44.96 the tv section is called "Video Wall"
(2015-02-01, 22:58)komplex Wrote: [ -> ]In case you missed it version 3.44.96 the tv section is called "Video Wall"

Which language do you have selected?
Which version of Kodi are you running?

Here it is on mine using Kodi 14.1 and the strings provided with the release - have you updated ALL files from your /skin.1080xf directory?:

Edit: It looks like you're using an old version of something - the git version has 'TV' instead of 'Live TV'.
Ah i see what happened, i deleted skin.1080xf from my addons folder instead of skin.1080xf.mb3 while i was testing something, all seems fine now Smile

v3.44.98beta

Adds two further artwork options (experimental)
v3.45.09-alpha released
This has taken quite some time but it's now finished and available in 3.45.10-alpha

Say hello to the new Lyrics screen and controls Smile

default theme

xperience1080 theme
3.45.14-a released.

This is from the latest github version. Star ratings seem stretched

Next aired displays number of episdoes incorrectly and if you have fanart disabled, it doesnt disable it on next aired.

White on white in the PVR. But its alot clearer on the image than on my screen. Its almost impossible to read

Show information is missing from recordings on PVR

Show titles get cut off on channel list. More4+1, BBC two Eng, BBC ALBA
What a great progress, your work is indeed much appreciated. I know for sure that lots of code-changes and hard work has been done behind the scenes in order to make these changes possible. This is what I really like about this skin, all the available sections are getting more and more polished and enhanced for the better after each release instead of following the trend and focusing on adding 100 new views/options that might introduce new major bugs as well as breaking the skin continuity and flow in the long run and making bug-fixes harder. The 1080XF Evolution is alive but in a good way! Smile.

Minor graphical bug report:

In the “Home Tile Colours” Panel, the “Custom Music Tile (Orange)” section looks like its disabled or in the background even though it is fully selectable/usuable and active. I think that this might happen because I have disabled the “Movies & TV-Shows” section categories. (see img below):

Best regards and keep up the good work,
img:
Thank you for the above reports, will add those to the list for fixing Smile
I mentioned this elsewhere a while ago, but in case you want all bug reports gathered in this thread I'll repeat it here:

When browsing albums using the info list view, the artist only appears for the currently highlighted item. Also, it is not properly right-aligned.
Switching from the MB3 version to this one changes TV to LiveTV and Tv Shows to Video Wall
(2015-02-03, 20:40)komplex Wrote: [ -> ]Switching from the MB3 version to this one changes TV to LiveTV and Tv Shows to Video Wall

As Piers mentioned in this thread:

Only EN and DE strings are fully supported in this beta

That’s normal if your Kodi is set to any other language than English or German in “Settings/Apperance/International/Language” in this testing version of the skin. The other languages will be fixed later when this is ready for an official release in the repository.

/Edit: But if you are using English as Kodi-default language as it seems in your screenshot then try to perhaps avoid using the other variants of Kodi English strings (Australia/New Zeland) and set it to use the default UK English string for now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23