Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: autorec pvr client for helix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've modded the pvr.tvh client to allow it to create autorecordings.
This is a temporary hack until kodi will get proper serie timer support.

This is only working with recent versions of tvheadend (3.9) and the confluence skin.
Skin files for other skins are welcome ;-)

Please don't ask for support everywhere else on this forum if you're not using the original addon.

linux-x86_64 addon (also for openelec)
x86_64 linux build

Source code (to compile from source)
github link
Sorry for the noob question, but I read the threads about pvr.tvh and I'm still confused. Is this a revision of a old TVHeadend HTSP client, or does it include additional functionality for the latest version i.e 1.9.39 (in Helix 14.1)? Or have I completely misunderstood what this is?

My system is OpenELEC 5.0.1 so using the version of the DVB client it came with 1.9.39
Sorry to have hijacked your thread.

I disabled the TVHeadend HTSP Client, and installed your version in its place.
I just need to make it work with Back Row skin now ;-)
Added your custom dialog to the Titan skin.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1916585

Regards, Marcel
@glenn 1990 - I know you've raised a couple of PRs on the tvh backend code - have you done the same for the pvt.hts addon?

I don't know that pvt.tvh exists standalone any more - I think it was renamed and reversioned as a drop-in replacement for pvr.hts, so whether the PR would be against negge's repository or Dushmaniac/Kodi's official one is beyond me. If it's a useful function, though, it should really be in the main code, nicht wahr?
@Prof Yaffle

I think this is a revision to all the work done to fix the issues in the official add-on. See here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=187521&page=36

@glenn1990

Thanks for the work to this add-on.

The DeleteTimer in this mod works a treat in that it will identify that the timer is part of a series schedule and gives the option to remove the "current" or "all", although I'm still a little confused as to why in the "Record Prefs" we have to schedule a daily/weekly/weekdays only time slot as opposed to actually linking to the programme itself (this does seem a bit like the old scheduled timer records on VCR). The tvheadend backend web UI allows to "Record" or "Record Series" which identifies when the next episode in the series is on (not necessarily the same time) and then sets up the autorec timer schedule accordingly.

Example: "Match of the Day" is scheduled for Saturday, BBC One at 10pm. If you click on programme in the backend web UI to do a "Record Series" it will schedule the one on Sat night and also identify the next episode on Wed evening and schedule the timers accordingly.
With the autorec in this mod, it doesn't work the same way.

Is it possible to implement via this modded client (or the official TVHeadend HTSP client) to actually to trigger the "Record Series" functionality to the backend the same as the backend UI does?
Thanks glen, I've been wanting this feature badly ever since using TvHeadend for many years now.

Fantastic addition mate Smile

I've done a compile for 32bit (i486) Linux users:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ssry67jk5vqwh...j5fPa?dl=0
Anyone getting a problem when importing data? i`ve gone from10 secs max for channel/program data to nearly 10 mins on bootup. Once it gets the data its fine, But so slow at pulling it in from the backend. Using the previous 0.9.8 version does speed up the import or data again. im using the addon from the opening post on a chromebox/openelec.
No issues same as v0.9.8, I always set as well:

Live TV > Do Not store the EPG in the database > enable

Have you also played with the setting in both TvHeadend addons > Data Transfer > Asynchronous EPG transfer > ?
OPENELEC 5.0.5 Fixed the import speed issue for me.
Hi

Any chance of a windows compile of this?

thanks