Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Slow recordings listing and HD playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm testing VNSI 1.2 / VDR 2.06 and Kodi 14.1 on the Raspberry Pi.
You've done a great job of the integration, even HD, I'm impressed as a long time VDR/VOMP user.

Just 2 things that are stopping me switching from VOMP (either on the MVP or the Pi) :
Kodi still too slow to get the recordings list, even entering a directory of say 5 recordings, takes 10-20 seconds, the whole list up to a minute. And starting HD recording playback, that takes up to a minute to get going, but OK once it starts.

These issues were seen on 14 and 13.2 also BTW, but not on VOMP on the same platform (or MVP), so it must be a Kodi or plug-in issue. I do have quite a lot of recordings (2000hrs, perhaps 1500 recordings, but VOMP is fine with this)
Any pointers or diagnostics you need to diagnose?
I won't use vdr 2.0.x. It has a bug which continuously triggers update on recordings. Upgrade to 2.1.7
(2015-02-04, 11:05)FernetMenta Wrote: [ -> ]I won't use vdr 2.0.x. It has a bug which continuously triggers update on recordings. Upgrade to 2.1.7

I'm looking at that, but will also try VDR 2.1.x
BTW the problem is not so severe on latest Openelec for Raspberry pi (I was previously testing on latest Raspbmc).
Still slow, but HD playback starts in 10-20s
OK, I rebuilt VDR and VNSI from latest from Git and the log messages are gone as others have reported.
All seems pretty good now, using Openelec latest, performance is better but I have some more questions...

1 - EPG info about a programme - I can't find a way either in live TV or in recordings to get the EPG info up into a window as VOMP can do. I tried a custom keymap for ActivateWindow(pvrrecordinginfo), which gets the right popup window up, but there's no data in it. Are some extra parameters needed? Or a better way to do it?

2 - I have PreviousScene and NextScene are mapped to yellow and blue keys like VOMP, but they don't appear to work. I read that marks (EDL) files are read, I see them being read in VDR's log but not specifically in KODI log, and am not sure the function works, or perhaps I haven't enabled something?
It would be really handy to see the marks in the progress bar.

Thanks