Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problem "kodi needs hardware accelerated opengl"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
I can install Kodibuntu without any problem on my HTPC but when I start it I have this error "kodi needs hardware accelerated opengl" Sad
My configuration :
- ASUS P7H55D-M PRO
- Intel Core i3-540
- 8 Go DDR3 SDRAM
- ATI Radeon HD 5750
Kodibuntu is install on an external usb flash drive 16 Go

If someone could help me to make Kodibuntu working.

Thank you in advance to any one who can help me.
You don't have proper drivers installed. Use the third party installation ubuntu has to get proper drivers in.
(2015-02-04, 22:30)topfs2 Wrote: [ -> ]You don't have proper drivers installed. Use the third party installation ubuntu has to get proper drivers in.

The 5750 should use the correct radeon oss drivers out of the box. Can you post:

dmesg | pastebinit

and your Xorg.0.log?
I have solved my problem with Kodibuntu using that

Open the shell Ctrl+Alt+F1
and
sudo apt-get install linux-headers-generic
and
sudo apt-get install fglrx fglrx-amdcccle
Naaaa :-(

We don't support fglrx at all - it will render you without hw acceleration and with bad luck 100% cpu load when vsync is enabled on one core.
So what I need to dow ? Linux is new for me I do my best.
Can you try www.openelec.tv and see if that works? If yes, you have a driver issue, that can be fixed (but not with fglrx).
Openelec works fine !

I have tried that :
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:xorg-edgers/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install fglrx gksu
sudo amdconfig --initial --> Command not found ; I also try sudo aticonfig --initial --> Command not found

Any idea ?
I have made a fresh install and at reboot no error for the graphic card !?
But when I test fglrxinfo command is still not found
again: do NOT install fglrx. It should just work out of the box on a clean install
I think he did not get it. FGLRX is obsolete. No one sane on earth uses it. The gamers left, that have to use that driver, should run windows.
Hehe. or switch to nvidia/intel Tongue
I'm guessing I confused him a bit, I am no AMD user Smile
Jep, I think so too. But before he entered I think he already screwed arround with fglrx. Kodibuntu installs the correct drivers out of the box - no need to do anything.
I'm having this same exact issue with a fresh install of KODIbuntu Helix. I would assume this install image comes with everything needed to get things up and running? I'd really like to get this thing running. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My System:
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P motherboard
Intel Q9550 Quad-core CPU
8GB RAM
ATi Radeon HD 6770

EDIT: I should mention that I've tried to reboot it a few times. Again, this is a fresh install and has never worked so far.
Use OpenELEC, which was invented for people, that can't or don't like to fiddle arround with linux. Ubuntu ships a broken kernel in their (unpatched) LTS version which does not allow you to start X on certain AMD hardware.
Pages: 1 2