Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: truncated information
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have come across two instances were important info is truncated

In the video info window, if the file name does not contain a space, then it is truncated. Suppose you have different versions of the same video, you won't be able to tell which is which.

Also the dialog window also truncates the name for the Clean library command, having had lost my library a few times, I now obviously answer KEEP to this question. Confused
I have tried to find that window's xml and make it wider but no success yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
(2015-02-05, 19:47)jpf55 Wrote: [ -> ]In the video info window, if the file name does not contain a space, then it is truncated. Suppose you have different versions of the same video, you won't be able to tell which is which.

I don't see how to fix this within the skin, short of simply finding another spot for the information that has more space available. Kodi apparently just won't break up what it thinks is a single word (no spaces) in a textbox.

Another alternative would be to make it a label instead of a textbox and limit it to one line that scrolls out.. or.. better yet, I can do both. If the string has no spaces in it, it'll be a label that scrolls, otherwise it'll be the textbox it is currently.

(2015-02-05, 19:47)jpf55 Wrote: [ -> ]Also the dialog window also truncates the name for the Clean library command, having had lost my library a few times, I now obviously answer KEEP to this question. Confused

This I have fixed. It will be in the next release.
(2015-02-05, 21:05)jingai Wrote: [ -> ][
Another alternative would be to make it a label instead of a textbox and limit it to one line that scrolls out.. or.. better yet, I can do both. If the string has no spaces in it, it'll be a label that scrolls, otherwise it'll be the textbox it is currently.

If you mean like a horizontal scroll, then that sounds great.

Thank you
Yes, it will scroll horizontally.

I'm going to be releasing a release candidate of 3.0.3 for testing either today or sometime this weekend. This fix will be included in that.
(2015-02-06, 19:48)jingai Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it will scroll horizontally.

I'm going to be releasing a release candidate of 3.0.3 for testing either today or sometime this weekend. This fix will be included in that.

Works great, thank you