Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Metropolis 3.0.3 Release Candidate [Helix only]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Metropolis 3.0.3 has been released.

It'll hit the mirrors soon.

Addressed issues since 3.0.0:
  • Show Shutdown on systems that can't power down (maps to Quit).
  • Progress dialog uses a textbox now.
  • Clean up dangling delimiters in labels.
  • Show chapter in VideoOSD instead of Tagline, unless chapter count <= 1.
  • New default backdrop for Addons (old one referenced XBMC still).
  • Re-enable star rating display in List view for music.
  • Better icon frame in ContentSettings dialog.
  • Respect device capabilities for power options.
  • Scroll filenames that don't contain spaces in the VideoInfo Dialog.
  • Show all available text in the Yes/No Dialog.
  • More view types allowed for addons.
  • Show season and episode number in addons.
  • Never show both Progress and Watched overlays.
  • Fix Last.fm Love/Ban buttons.
  • Fix posters in Coverflow view for addons that did not set ListItem.Icon.
  • Consistent media info across all Views.
  • Fix missing heading labels in Video and Audio Settings dialogs.
  • Add support for extrafanart for Movies and TV Shows/Episodes.
  • Option to show only one item at a time in Logo view.
  • Option to lighten the diffuse overlay on background fanart.
  • Add chapter display to Video OSD.
  • Fix missing label for fifth Custom menu submenu items.
  • Show Eject Tray submenu item unconditionally.
  • Use Premiered date for Episodes in all Views.
  • Dynamic Weather fanart path is now customizable.
  • Add 'Now Playing' video widget to bottom-left corner, a la Album Art.
  • Made Apple iTunes Trailers the default Trailer addon.
  • Made Trailers link customizable.
  • Add original audio language flag as background for CC Media Flag.
  • Support for setting Episode Bookmarks.
  • Enable Visualization overlay when Artist Slideshow is enabled.
  • Add option to switch to and from Simple and Advanced filtering.
  • Fix the odd artifact at the bottom-right side of all of the progress bars.
  • Fix thumbnails and alignment in Next Aired skin.
  • PVR alignment fixes.
  • Update language files from Transifex.
will test the crap out of it and report back tomorrow.
Doing some kodi housekeeping tonight.
I'll put rc on bedroom pc and report back Smile
I know you don't want feature requests but is there any particular parts you want testing? Perhaps regarding features you've added, or is this more of a bug fix?

Just installed on my phone and no problems so far.
General testing with some focus on the things noted in the changelog since 3.0.0.
Only things I've found are that the dynamic weather image is being cut off on the horizontal menu.

And maybe modify the OSD so that if the chapter info is available, it decreases the total length of the title box. That way the title can be long without scrolling if there is no chapter info, but it won't smash together if it is there.

Not all of these are featured in the latest changelog, but here we go:

One bug i found was that no album cover
is being shown on the home screen as well as in full screen when playing music.
I'm not entirely sure, but i think there was an option for that in skin settings that is now gone.

Also, there is no symbol between the "2.0" and the star rating, but i don't remember what's supposed to be there.

Small thing:
When the "next aired" add-on is active, some longer TV show titles blend into the next aired info.
Maybe it would look better if the next aired info was aligned to the right, next to the "Season" info
or between "first aired" and episode length in this view.

--------
edit
Some more stuff!

This is not a new thing, but:
When pressing video info or "ok", there is normally a pic in the bottom left, there isn't with YouTube (and maybe other video add-ons?).

More small stuff!
"Recently added" on home screen:
Movie and TV show episodes do not have symbols in front of them,
but there are dashes/lines/that thing -> - in front of music videos.
Recently added music videos are the covers of the DVD/BR while recently added movies and TV shows are fanart.
It makes sense with TV shows imho, but it would be more in line with the music videos if movies where cover art as well.

Even with "hide background fanart" enabled for both videos and music, it is still visible
on the "video add-ons" screen, although only a few add-ons use it (e.g. YouTube).

Missing logos:
british tv channel "Dave", "VH1 Classic"

Can i have star ratings back in music/list view for songs?
Pretty please with sugar on top?
Not having that is bad, because
Song has star rating.
Star rating is only visible when bringing up song info.
Inconvenient, because browsing through music, i cannot see which songs are rated and which aren't.

Other than those mostly small things, i didn't have any issues.
I don't like the new "lightened fanart background", but since it's optional that is fine with me.
I didn't find the new "now playing video widget in the bottom left corner".
(2015-02-07, 18:51)MacGyver Wrote: [ -> ]Only things I've found are that the dynamic weather image is being cut off on the horizontal menu.

All fanart is cut off that way. It's by design -- the bottom section is supposed to be seemingly overlaying the full fanart.

(2015-02-07, 18:51)MacGyver Wrote: [ -> ]And maybe modify the OSD so that if the chapter info is available, it decreases the total length of the title box. That way the title can be long without scrolling if there is no chapter info, but it won't smash together if it is there.

I'll do this for both this and the TV Next Aired info.
(2015-02-08, 21:22)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: [ -> ]One bug i found was that no album cover
is being shown on the home screen as well as in full screen when playing music.
I'm not entirely sure, but i think there was an option for that in skin settings that is now gone.

It's there for me. The setting is in Settings->Metropolis->General->Enable Video/Album Art overlay.

(2015-02-08, 21:22)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: [ -> ]Also, there is no symbol between the "2.0" and the star rating, but i don't remember what's supposed to be there.

It's supposed to be the audio language, but it isn't always set.

(2015-02-08, 21:22)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: [ -> ]Small thing:
When the "next aired" add-on is active, some longer TV show titles blend into the next aired info.

Will fix.

(2015-02-08, 21:22)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: [ -> ]This is not a new thing, but:
When pressing video info or "ok", there is normally a pic in the bottom left, there isn't with YouTube (and maybe other video add-ons?).

This depends on the addon setting the Content type correctly (e.g., Movies or Episodes) as well as setting either Poster, ClearArt, or ClearLogo.

(2015-02-08, 21:22)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: [ -> ]"Recently added" on home screen:
Movie and TV show episodes do not have symbols in front of them,

Screenshot please showing what you mean here.

(2015-02-08, 21:22)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: [ -> ]but there are dashes/lines/that thing -> - in front of music videos.

It displays what it gets from Skin Widgets.

(2015-02-08, 21:22)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: [ -> ]Recently added music videos are the covers of the DVD/BR while recently added movies and TV shows are fanart.
It makes sense with TV shows imho, but it would be more in line with the music videos if movies where cover art as well.

I do not have access to Season artwork here.

(2015-02-08, 21:22)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: [ -> ]Even with "hide background fanart" enabled for both videos and music, it is still visible
on the "video add-ons" screen, although only a few add-ons use it (e.g. YouTube).

The hide background fanart options are specifically for Videos and Music library, not for addons. I can fix this though.

(2015-02-08, 21:22)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: [ -> ]Missing logos:
british tv channel "Dave", "VH1 Classic"

If you or someone else provides me with logos, I'll be happy to add them.

(2015-02-08, 21:22)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: [ -> ]Can i have star ratings back in music/list view for songs?
Pretty please with sugar on top?

Fixed.

(2015-02-08, 21:22)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't find the new "now playing video widget in the bottom left corner".

It's option I noted above: Settings->Metropolis->General->Enable Video/Album Art overlay.
(2015-02-09, 18:16)jingai Wrote: [ -> ]The setting is in Settings->Metropolis->General->Enable Video/Album Art overlay.

Ah, i hadn't noticed that it is now in a different section (makes sense because it used to be "music only").

Screenshots concerning "recently added":

Movies: Fanart, no thingy in front of name

TV shows: Fanart, no thingy in front of name

Music Videos: Cover art, thingy in front of name

It's not a big deal or a bug or sth, it just seems a little inconsistent.

One question:
"Use simple Media Filter" is a new option.... what does it do? Huh

Also:
I was looking through the folders to see what size the channel logos are
(maybe i can provide the missing TV channel logos with my rudimentary PhotoShop skills),
but i only found one folder - skin.metropolis/extras/studios - with the single file "Bluegrass Films.png" in it. Huh

Thx for the infos and the quick fixes!
(2015-02-10, 00:37)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: [ -> ]Music Videos: Cover art, thingy in front of name

It's not a big deal or a bug or sth, it just seems a little inconsistent.

It's supposed to be Artist - Title, and it is on mine... apparently on yours, Artist is nothing and Title is "Artist - Title". Not really sure why though. I'll fix it by only showing the hyphens if the previous label is non-empty.

(2015-02-10, 00:37)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: [ -> ]One question:
"Use simple Media Filter" is a new option.... what does it do? Huh

In the context menu while browsing a library, there is an option to Filter the items by whatever criteria you choose. The old filter only worked with titles, which is the "Simple Media Filter". The new "Advanced Media Filter" lets you choose a bunch of other things to filter on.

It's an option because some (like myself) never really use the other stuff in the advanced one, and prefer to be able to just type straight into the field in the context menu.

(2015-02-10, 00:37)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: [ -> ]Also:
I was looking through the folders to see what size the channel logos are
(maybe i can provide the missing TV channel logos with my rudimentary PhotoShop skills),
but i only found one folder - skin.metropolis/extras/studios - with the single file "Bluegrass Films.png" in it. Huh

Whoops, that's not even supposed to be there. The studio icons are all in media/flags/Studios.

They are not there.

<- confused
Click the link I provided.
Dave

VH1 Classic
Thanks! Though, I already see a "VH1 Classic.png" in there. Are you saying you just didn't like that one? Or is it not matching properly?
Pages: 1 2 3