Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: VDR not-responding/crashed/locked with timers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

Recently run into this problem: when I have many timers (some recording, some scheduled), vdr just crashes after sometime. I notice because the TV stream I'm watching just stops (althouth VDR is restored within seconds but I have to select the channel to watch again. A message "Channel Locked (recording!)" also appears).

I check the xbmc.log, it happened after VNSI client lost connection to the vdr-server

Code:
01:28:40 T:139632993883904   ERROR: AddOnLog: VDR VNSI Client: SignalConnectionLost - connection lost !!!

Run ps ax | grep vdr. Sometimes, I see vdr.bin process other times I dont. The above line often comes after PVRTimers -Update Entries.

My feeling is that the kickoff of some timer together with the existing recording cause this, but I may well be wrong. Has anyone got this problem before or known how to fix this ? Sad
if vdr crashes we need syslog. please set vdr loging level to 3, trigger the crash somehow and pastebin syslog