Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Autodownload subs for all shows?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im using Kodi 14.0 RC3 and i love the subtitle addon but isnt there a way to automatically download the subs?

Its just so annoying to go to the menu, click download, wait 2-3 minute for it to find the subtitles and then wait 2-3 minutes for it to download. Any reason why this is so slow btw? I have a gigabit connection and its the same thing regarldess of what service I use, currently podnapsi and subscene.

But what im really after is just to have subtitles for every show included in the library scrapings so I can just let it run in the background and add the subs.

Is there any way to do this with the new subtitle plugins?
Anyone?
LTake a look at: http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AutoSubs

It autotatically download subs in your prefer language when you play it the first time, not exactly where you are looking for, but it can help you.

Try to download with a browser (chrome) and take times, if it also takes a lot of time, maybe your problem is with dns, antivirus or similar.

Give us a log to see in detail.
Thanks this is definitly a step on the way but it only starts the searches it doesnt actually download them, any way to fix that?
(2015-03-01, 22:00)Dingochamp Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks this is definitly a step on the way but it only starts the searches it doesnt actually download them, any way to fix that?

Settings -> Video -> Subtitles [Settings level: Advanced] -> Auto download first subtitle.

However, you may run into the issue of the first subtitle item not being in sync with the video.

If you want subtitles for all the videos in your library I would advise looking into using a supplemental tool such as FileBot to assist with automating the download of subtitles.