Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Link to Scripts failing.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've got a home page menu botton which links to a favorite, which is a script. The TVrage-EPS script.

Here are the lines it adds to guisettings.xml

<setting type="string" name="skin.back-row.DialogHome2.path">RunScript(&quot;script.tvrage.com/?content_type=video&quotWink</setting>
<setting type="string" name="skin.back-row.DialogHome2.List">script.tvrage.com/?content_type=video</setting>
<setting type="string" name="skin.back-row.DialogHome2.Icon">/Users/data/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.tvrage.com/icon.png</setting>

However the link completely fails to run. If I launch it via the favorite menu, it also fails to run.

However, if I link the same favorite to a submenu item (which adds the following xml)

<setting type="string" name="skin.back-row.DialogSubMenu1_Path">script.tvrage.com</setting>

It works just fine.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Dyoll
(2015-02-15, 22:43)dyoll Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I've got a home page menu botton which links to a favorite, which is a script. The TVrage-EPS script.

Here are the lines it adds to guisettings.xml

<setting type="string" name="skin.back-row.DialogHome2.path">RunScript(&quot;script.tvrage.com/?content_type=video&quotWink</setting>
<setting type="string" name="skin.back-row.DialogHome2.List">script.tvrage.com/?content_type=video</setting>
<setting type="string" name="skin.back-row.DialogHome2.Icon">/Users/data/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.tvrage.com/icon.png</setting>

However the link completely fails to run. If I launch it via the favorite menu, it also fails to run.

However, if I link the same favorite to a submenu item (which adds the following xml)

<setting type="string" name="skin.back-row.DialogSubMenu1_Path">script.tvrage.com</setting>

It works just fine.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Dyoll

Apologies this isn't related to the back row skin. It's to do with the tvrage-EPS add-on and how it is added to favorites. I managed to resovle the issue by manually editing the favourites.xml file.