Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Stuttering and Audio sync on Android
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an Android version of Kodi (14.2 Beta) and NextPVR 3.38 running on a Windows PC. When trying to watch live or recorded TV from NextPVR I get a lot of stuttering and audio sync problems.

The Android device plays MP4 1080p video find, but isn't able to keep up with the stream that NextPVR provides.
This is likely because the Android Kodi requires that I disable hardware acceleration when using a NextPVR stream (otherwise it crashes).

Hopefully, in the future, the Android version will work better.

In the meantime, I am unable to watch NextPVR streams without getting frustrated.
I tried to resize the video to a lower resolution using the ffdshow settings, and this works locally when playing back on the PC using the NextPVR application, however, Android Kodi seems to receive and playback at the current screen resolution.

Everything works great with Kodi on another PC, so I know the problem isn't with the server, or the network (both devices are wired ethernet)

My question is:

Is there any way to adjust the resolution of the stream that NextPVR provides Kodi, or perform live recoding to MP4 so that the Android device can keep up?
(2015-02-19, 18:22)Nebula_Sleuth Wrote: [ -> ]\My question is:

Is there any way to adjust the resolution of the stream that NextPVR provides Kodi, or perform live recoding to MP4 so that the Android device can keep up?
No, NextPVR doesn't manipulate the stream at all. NextPVR just delivers whatever data it gets from the device, directly to Kodi., as-is.
Try the SPMC Kodi version on Android, use Hardware Acceleration but disable [RKlibstagefright] plugin.

I have an Android, Minix X7 and the NextPVR works perfect for Television channels streaming from a W7 computer. SPMC has more options for changing playback and Acceleration settings.

cwh