Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: weather icons and backgrounds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all just found this skin and its pretty awesome . i like to add my own backgounds but im stuggling on one part . Is it possible to change weather icons and backgrounds and if so how ? Im using v3.30 . Thanks in advance guys

Also how do i get the artist slideshow to run at the same time as milkdrop ?
You can only customize the weather backgrounds. You can find it in the "backgrounds/weather" folder inside the skin folder.

You can also change the weather icons, but it's only possible if you install the Github version of the skin. Weather icons can be found in the "media/weather" folder inside the skin folder.

Milkdrop cannot be mixed with artist slideshow unless you edit the skin files directly.

Tgx
Would it be possible to add support for secifying an external directory for the wetherbackgrounds?
I have four installations of Kodi all running this skin and every time the skin gets updated I have to copy my own weatherbackground pictures on each of them.
(2015-04-25, 12:43)erikture Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be possible to add support for secifying an external directory for the wetherbackgrounds?
I have four installations of Kodi all running this skin and every time the skin gets updated I have to copy my own weatherbackground pictures on each of them.

I think i can do it for the next release.

Tgx
(2015-04-25, 13:19)Tgxcorporation Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-25, 12:43)erikture Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be possible to add support for secifying an external directory for the wetherbackgrounds?

I think i can do it for the next release.

Tgx

Thanks!

I have some more questions about backgroundimages!
I use this skin as a "Jukebox" for pictures of my kids and family.
I think it is very nice to be able to customize the backgrounds in such a flexible way that this skin supports.

1. In previous releases the miniatyr picture for the wether menu was a picture depending on the wether of the current location. Has that feature been removed or how do I configure it?
2. How often is a miniatyre picture refreshed? I have one miniatyre that I refresh everyday, It is a webcamera taking a picture from my cottage everyday. The miniatyre picture is "randomly" refreshed.
3. There is a possibility to specify a custom picture as startup picture. I can only specify a picture on the local filesystem, even though I have added a source on my Nas in the filemanager.
4. In previous releases the LiveTv was vissible even if the PVR-client has not been started jet. Now it is only visible when the client is started. I would like it to be always visible because I would like to have it as my startscreen. The main function we use is LiveTv.

Thanks again for a great skin!
/Erik
1. Available in the development version on GitHub: https://github.com/Tgxcorporation/skin.b...d235665965
2. This depends entirely from Kodi. I've no control on it.
3. Available in the development version on GitHub: https://github.com/Tgxcorporation/skin.b...e32b6ebfe4
4. Sorry. The Tv and Radio items for the home menu are managed by the skinshortcuts addon. The skin cannot override the behaviour of the addon in this case.

Tgx

That'is it in the development version on GitHub: https://github.com/Tgxcorporation/skin.b...39f9040f39

Thanks

Tgx
Thanks!

/Erik
I have tried to install the latest version of the skin from Github but I get the error saying that all dependencies are not met.
I then did unzip the zipfile from Github over the already installed ones.
This is not perfect becaus the language keys are not translated but thats not a big problem.
However I have some questions.

1.What is the difference between Custom folder for weather fanart and Custom folder for Weather Icons?
2. When trying to specify a startuppicture I am not able to specify a smb path when selecting "Custom Image" just paths to local drives or local mapped drives.
If I select random image I can specify a smb path but no image is shown during startup.

I hope my incomplete installation of the skin is causing this errors.

/Erik .
(2015-04-28, 20:37)erikture Wrote: [ -> ]I have tried to install the latest version of the skin from Github but I get the error saying that all dependencies are not met.
I then did unzip the zipfile from Github over the already installed ones.
This is not perfect becaus the language keys are not translated but thats not a big problem.
However I have some questions.

1.What is the difference between Custom folder for weather fanart and Custom folder for Weather Icons?
2. When trying to specify a startuppicture I am not able to specify a smb path when selecting "Custom Image" just paths to local drives or local mapped drives.
If I select random image I can specify a smb path but no image is shown during startup.

I hope my incomplete installation of the skin is causing this errors.

/Erik .

Dependecies not met means you are using a skin version not suited for the Kodi version you are using. You have probably downloaded the master branch, which is for Kodi 15, while you are using Kodi 14. You need to download the appropriated branch from Github. See the corresponding first post of the sticky thread to get the instructions to download from Github.

Weather fanart is referring to the backgrounds. Instead weather icons are those white little icons with sun, clouds etc.

I think smb paths are not working at startup simply because Kodi is starting itself and maybe it cannot read network paths during startup. Try with a local picture instead.

Tgx
Now it works better.

I think there is a text that needs to be updated in the Github page.
It says Helix if the master branch is selected as well as if the Helix branch, but Gotham if the Gotham branch is selected.
(2015-04-29, 09:35)erikture Wrote: [ -> ]Now it works better.

I think there is a text that needs to be updated in the Github page.
It says Helix if the master branch is selected as well as if the Helix branch, but Gotham if the Gotham branch is selected.

It's now ok.

Thanks

Tgx
Question how do get the default weather background back. I tried to add some fanart ones but I can't remove the custom root directory from the setting.
(2015-10-26, 00:10)JukEboX Wrote: [ -> ]Question how do get the default weather background back. I tried to add some fanart ones but I can't remove the custom root directory from the setting.

I'll will take care of this issue in the next release.

Thanks

Tgx