Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Another Movie Sets question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When saving movieset artwork, options are movie folder and separate folder. Any chance for an option to not save to movie folder if a central folder is used, e.g. c:\movieset artwork? Also, can we get the naming the same. Individual folders = movieset-poster, separate folder = 300 Collection-folder. I think poster works better than folder. Thanks!

One other thing (sorry), when renaming movies, any reason hyphen are removed?
Any thoughts on this?
sorry, forgot to answer...

I changed the file naming to -poster; no one complained about that in the past, so I assume the dev of the movie set artwork automator changed anything recently.

we write to the movie set folder as a kind of fallback; the whole movie set artwork topic is not in any kodi standard. That's simply solved how some devs decided to Wink
I do not know whether I want to change this any more... And we won't change the naming, because this would break the movie artwork detection

I would need an example when the hyphens get removed..
(2015-02-25, 21:38)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]sorry, forgot to answer...

I changed the file naming to -poster; no one complained about that in the past, so I assume the dev of the movie set artwork automator changed anything recently.

we write to the movie set folder as a kind of fallback; the whole movie set artwork topic is not in any kodi standard. That's simply solved how some devs decided to Wink
I do not know whether I want to change this any more... And we won't change the naming, because this would break the movie artwork detection

I would need an example when the hyphens get removed..

When renaming, this "30 Days of Night - Dark Days (1080p)" gets renamed to "30 Days of Night Dark Days (1080p)".
cannot reproduce.
Please try it once again, and send us the logs afterwards...
How 'bout a pic:

Not really sure how to attach log file. Blush
well, a log would be better (there is a bug reporting button in the menu Wink) but we see it on the pic as well Smile

Your movie name is "Captain America: The Winter Soldier"
Since the colon cannot be specified as name, it gets removed.

Your OLD folder/name had the dash in there, but the NEW movie title has not.
We're not removing this - we're simply using the pattern you specified in renamer settings...
OK, I understand, but, how do I keep the dash?
well, since you probably rename with $T (=title), you might want to change your movie title Wink
OK, so what I'm getting from this is hyphens are not allowed in file names. Since this is the only program that does that, maybe I should look for something else. Thanks.
I'm still in doubt, if you really understood me:

You scraped a movie online, the new title is without hypens.
Please don't blame TMM for removing something - we just rename to what you scraped...
I think the problem is if a movie title has a colon in it, it just deletes it instead of changing to hyphen.
Correct Smile
But what should we do?
How should we know what char you want?
What about other weird characters?
Should we replace all with a hyphen?
The next would want an underscore for another character...

-> it shouldn't get too complicated...
No problem in other programs or with me Big Grin
After testing with my library, i think we could make this in.
Since a colon is a delimiter of the title, it is better to replace with something printable, instead of completely removing it.
Thanks for pointing that out Smile
Pages: 1 2