Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MCE Remote and QuickNav how?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I have a Microsoft USB IR receiver connected to my OpenElec HTPC and I am using a Logitech Harmony universal remote control in MCE mode.

I don't seem to have any button on the remote control that will bring up the 1080XF QuickNav menu.

If I press "M" on a keyboard that works OK and the QuickNav is launched. However none of the buttons on the remote control seem to do this.

Any ideas how this should work?

Only thing I can think of is to teach the Harmony remote the keyboard command "M" using an Microsoft IR keyboard and then create a new custom button for it on the Harmony's LCD screen.

Thanks
OK that works teaching the Harmony universal remote the "M" keyboard command and adding a new custom button called QuickNav on to the Harmony's LCD screen.

However I have another HTPC upstairs and that just uses a bog standard MCE remote control handset, so for that one I guess I'll need to edit Kodi's Keyboard.xml file and re-assign an existing button or something.
yep edit the xml, I use a tivo remote which shows as a mce remote