Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Dependencies not met on OSX?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I recently upgraded from Gotham to Helix (14.1) and have been having trouble with NextPVR client, running 10.8.5 on a Mac Mini.
Client was running OK on Gotham, aside from frequent "tuner not available" warnings, which I was able to ignore.
Now, on Helix, I had been getting nothing when I click on LIVE TV (Amber Skin) except the sub-menu (recordings, epg, etc.). Selecting any sub-menu item had no effect.

So I uninstalled PVR client, and went to reinstall, but I keep getting a "dependencies not met" error and it won't install.
Before I break out the debug log, I just wanted to know if there was an OSX client for NextPVR? The Wiki only specifies Windoze...

-Erik

EDIT: NextPVR is working fine on my server, and I am able to watch TV, record, browse epg, etc. without issue from Kodi 14.0 on my Win7x64 box.
Can anybody confirm that NextPVR front end can be installed on Kodi/OSX?

Pretty please?

I've looked over the debug log, but it's gibberish to me...
Works fine here. You might want to try from a clean install (delete the Kodi app and move all your user settings somewhere safe and then delete the originals). It's possible some stub of the older version of the PVR client is hanging out somewhere.
Thanks, pkscout!

I tried the MediaPortal front end also (with the TVServer backend), but would crash Kodi whenever I tried to configure the client.
I did try reinstalling Kodi with no effect, but I just renamed the original install. It's not that big a deal to delete everything and do a fresh install, so I'll try that.

I was about to go through the hassle of downgrading to Gotham, since I knew I had a working solution there. Glad to know pursuing Helix won't turn into a windmill joust.
Ok.
Deleted and reinstalled 14.1.
Still had the issue with PVR.
Deleted all, including all folders in user library as well. Also deleted XBMC (Gotham) user files.
Reinstalled 14.1 and all seems well now.
Kodi + NextPVR working, with the exception of setting recording timer. That crashes Kodi. Will look in to that later...

Thanks for the help!
-Erik