Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Artwork Downloader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

I've seen that the addon "Artwork Downloader" is required by the skin and that it creates "extrafanart" and "extrathumbs" folders under each movie/tvshow folder. I supose that this cannot be disabled as it is needed by the Skin to show them in the interface, right?

On the other hand, if this cannot be idsabled and the artwork is downloaded, I would like to use it as the skin background, How can I do this as all the artwork is not in a single folder?

Thanks!
Just set it in the options not to download the extra thumbs and fanart

You can also set it to have everything in a single folder if you wish
(2015-02-24, 19:04)komplex Wrote: [ -> ]Just set it in the options not to download the extra thumbs and fanart

Then why is this addon required for? And why is activated by default to download the thumbs and fanart if it is not really needed? (just curious)
No idea lol
It's not specifically needed for manual poster or fanart downloading but it is needed for landscape and logos which can be toggled on/off in some of the views.

Also I think if you want to auto update artwork after library scan (which is one of the options in settings), you need to call this addon, even for poster and fanart. I could be wrong about that though, but it's how other skins seem to do it as well.
It's a mixture of the above post. It's required. Without it parts of the skin wouldn't work and people would ask why it doesn't work.

You need to make sure you set the add-on up correctly as shown by komplex (if you want it to do other things).