Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xperience1080 4.x Bug Reports & Suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Unlocked thread, please post suggestions for Xperience1080 v4.x here. This is not yet released but I aim to have a public version available by the end of next week.

Please keep suggestions tidy and in this format (any posts not in the format below will be deleted):
If multiple suggestions are being made please add a number before the Suggestion name.

Suggestion name
Description: A description of what it does and where it should be placed.
Dependencies: Add-ons that may be required in order for suggestion to work.

BB:

Code:
[b]Suggestion name[/b]
[i]Description[/i]: A description of what it does and where it should be placed.
[i]Dependencies[/i]: Add-ons that may be required in order for suggestion to work.
Display Movie Information Before Playing Movie/Episode

Description: Clicking on a movie/TV episode on the home screen widgets or video navigation displays the movie's/TV episode's information screen instead of directly jumping into playing the video file. Not sure about others but I like to view an episode's/movie's information before jumping directly into playing it Undecided Hopefully this would be a useful additional feature for others as much as it would be for me, even if it were to be an option that we could enable in the skin settings. Posted this suggestion in the v3.5 thread but I remember you said it was on the bottom of your priorities.

e.g. clicking on this episode in the home screen will load up the episode's information and I can instantly click play from there if I wish to proceed.

Cheers!

Dependencies: No additional add-ons required.
1) Air date instead of year for Episodes in Landscape and Video info
Description: If the user uses Landscape view for Episodes, air date is not shown at any point. Airdate is often more useful than just Year for Episodes since Episodes can come in several times a week. Here are some screens from the mod I made.

Dependencies: None.

2) Ability to customise sub-menus
Description: There has been a lot of requests for full custom sections, which is debatable how well that would fit with the skin (I see both sides of the argument). However, being able to, at the very least, customise the sub-menus within the current sections would be very much welcome by many. The ones available by default might be useful for some, but not for others since we all use our systems differently. Yes it's easy to edit the code manually, but this would be an already awesome skin that extra bit awesome. Here is a screenshot of my sub menu for example which you can see is quite different (I have "Categories" for example that links to Actor / Director / etc so no need to have them all separately).

3) Display playlist name in views
Description: When you select a playlist, in the video view it just says "Video Playlist" at the top. Would be useful if it said the name of the playlist. Couple of mockups - I prefer the first since having it say "Video Playlist" may be a bit redundant since you have the playlist icon and it takes up space. I'm sure mockup 2 would be truncated in reality.

And +1 for Hustler's suggestion as well. If I think of others, I'll add more Big Grin Thanks as always Piers.
I'll edit the first post to include suggestions that will be, or are most likely to be, added to v4.

Please remember, the more features requested, the longer the first public alpha will take to release Tongue
(2015-03-13, 22:18)Piers Wrote: [ -> ]I'll edit the first post to include suggestions that will be, or are most likely to be, added to v4.

Please remember, the more features requested, the longer the first public alpha will take to release Tongue

Of course Smile Totally appreciate that. I've made the mod for #1 and can probably do #3. Happy to submit a pull request for those if you like (if I can figure out githubSmile)
PleKODI Support
Description: Support for Plex Media Server as Hippojay started work again on his Addon
Dependencies: The PlexBMC Addon from here

Your Skin is for me the perfect Skin for presenting Media from a Plex Server Smile

Thanks again for your great work here Smile

Regrads
Vlaves
(2015-03-19, 09:13)bebox Wrote: [ -> ]Suggestion to re-arrange the Live TV Section ... faster channel selection.

.. Next step could be a tile with "TV Programm Suggestion". EPG does generally submit Pictures ... let me figure out how to do this ..

Not all EPG providers do provide pictures and not all backends fully support them. If the skin will integrate a EPG picture feature it should be configurable. I prefer a text only view over a text + placeholder image if no EPG picture was delivered.
If you find your post has been deleted, please re-read the first post in this thread.
(2015-03-19, 11:13)Cassiel Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-19, 09:13)bebox Wrote: [ -> ]Suggestion to re-arrange the Live TV Section ... faster channel selection.

.. Next step could be a tile with "TV Programm Suggestion". EPG does generally submit Pictures ... let me figure out how to do this ..

Not all EPG providers do provide pictures and not all backends fully support them. If the skin will integrate a EPG picture feature it should be configurable. I prefer a text only view over a text + placeholder image if no EPG picture was delivered.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=186486
(2015-03-19, 11:23)Piers Wrote: [ -> ]If you find your post has been deleted, please re-read the first post in this thread.

OMG - havn´t read this. Ill re-post this later the day! youre welcome Piers!
Suggestion name1) Customize menus and submenus
Description: The ability to fully customize the menus and submenus, so the skin can be set to whatever person needs.. enable/disable/rename all tabs like games tab, concert tab,extras tab, my menu (own menu for playlists) etc etc to fulfill everybody's own needs

Suggestion name2) Ability to remove the search glass
Description: This might be +- the same as to customize the menus, theres a search glass in the top left corner, ability to remove it

Suggestion name3) Add new view
Description: Add right list view: A very nice view also used in aeon mq5/6

Suggestion name4) Add musicvideo widget
Description The ability to have musicvideo widgets
Dependencies: Extended info script i think

Suggestion name5) Full Cinema experience script support
Description: Cinema experience script full support, even in layout of skin, the ability to start the movie with movie experience
Dependencies: cinema experience script
(2015-03-19, 13:06)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]Suggestion name1) Customize menus and submenus
Description: The ability to fully customize the menus and submenus, so the skin can be set to whatever person needs.. enable/disable/rename all tabs like games tab, concert tab,extras tab, my menu (own menu for playlists) etc etc to fulfill everybody's own needs

Description: This might be +- the same as to customize the menus, theres a search glass in the top left corner, ability to remove it

http://i.imgur.com/swNo3AV.jpg

Description: Cinema experience script full support, even in layout of skin, the ability to start the movie with movie experience

1) -

2) The search glass only appears if the Global Search add-on is enabled

3) Possibly, I'm open to the idea but only after the v4 is fully Kodi 15.x compliant

4) Considering the option

5) It's already there, we've had this discussion. Since I don't use the script what else is there to add? Are menus or options missing? I tested it by installing the script, adding a few intro videos and then pressing play on a movie - worked fine.
(2015-03-19, 21:15)Piers Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-19, 13:06)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]Suggestion name1) Customize menus and submenus

1) -

3) Possibly, I'm open to the idea but only after the v4 is fully Kodi 15.x compliant

5) It's already there, we've had this discussion. Since I don't use the script what else is there to add? Are menus or options missing? I tested it by installing the script, adding a few intro videos and then pressing play on a movie - worked fine.

About 1), what do you mean with "-"? Its already in progress? and it will be added?
3) cool !
4) also cool
5) well, normally you can chose to play the movie as normal "play button" or play the movie using cinema experience "experience button"
If you could add these 2 "buttons" to the infoscreen when you press "i"?
it would have it
(2015-03-19, 21:37)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-19, 21:15)Piers Wrote: [ -> ]

1) -

About 1), what do you mean with "-"? Its already in progress? and it will be added?
3) cool !
4) also cool
5) well, normally you can chose to play the movie as normal "play button" or play the movie using cinema experience "experience button"
If you could add these 2 "buttons" to the infoscreen when you press "i"?
it would have it

By '-' I mean it's not being considered.
And it's a dual-use button for the Cinema Experience button, you want another button that does exactly the same thing as the current button? Why?
Ah pity you wont even consider it. Is there a reason for that?
Yes dual button. Why, so we can easily chose play normally or by use cinema experience
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14