Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: boot into folder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi ive being trying for a while now but i cant boot directly into my music folder
i can boot into the music directory and the choose the folder my music is stored on but is it possible to boot straight into the music folder?

also is it possible to boot into a playlist so when i boot kodi up it would start playing automatically?

im using a raspberry Pi B+ with openelec

thanks
(2015-02-27, 01:22)bricktop Wrote: [ -> ]hi ive being trying for a while now but i cant boot directly into my music folder
i can boot into the music directory and the choose the folder my music is stored on but is it possible to boot straight into the music folder?
not easily no, it would require manually modifying the skin.

(2015-02-27, 01:22)bricktop Wrote: [ -> ]also is it possible to boot into a playlist so when i boot kodi up it would start playing automatically?
you can configure a startup playlist in skin settings.
look for 'Enable startup playlist' and select playlist file below this option.
(2015-02-28, 00:00)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-27, 01:22)bricktop Wrote: [ -> ]hi ive being trying for a while now but i cant boot directly into my music folder
not easily no, it would require manually modifying the skin.

(2015-02-27, 01:22)bricktop Wrote: [ -> ]also is it possible to boot into a playlist so when i boot kodi up it would start playing automatically?
you can configure a startup playlist in skin settings.
look for 'Enable startup playlist' and select playlist file below this option.

Cheers ronie I'll have a look at the enable start up list, now how tricky is it for a complete skin noob to manualy modify the skin Big Grin
in Startup.xml, replace
Code:
<onload>ReplaceWindow($INFO[System.StartupWindow])</onload>
with something like this:
Code:
<onload>ReplaceWindow(Music,&quot;smb://server/share/music/&quot;)</onload>
where smb://server/share/music/ is the path to your music folder
(2015-02-28, 00:21)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]in Startup.xml, replace
Code:
Code:

where do i find the startup.xml ronie? im using openelec and its not on the sd card
no clue, never used OE.

might be something like
/home/username/.kodi/addons/skin.transparency/720p/Startup.xml
(2015-02-28, 00:21)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]in Startup.xml, replace
Code:
Code:

i found it and edited the .xml but its still booting into the music selection
does the code ive used look right?

Code:
<onload>ReplaceWindow(Music,&quot;smb:/var/media/300gb sata/music/&quot;)</onload>
</window>

eta: just seen your post yes thats exactly where i found it

also just to add i got the path by navigating to it using the file manager i dont know if maybe there should be something im missing at the beginning
this part is probably incorrect:
Quote:smb:/var/media/300gb sata/music/

try with:
Code:
<onload>ReplaceWindow(Music,&quot;/var/media/300gb sata/music/&quot;)</onload>
(2015-03-02, 01:16)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]this part is probably incorrect:
Quote:smb:/var/media/300gb sata/music/

try with:
Code:
<onload>ReplaceWindow(Music,&quot;/var/media/300gb sata/music/&quot;)</onload>

That hasn't worked mate it boots up to a black screen apart from some information at the very top of the screen where u can see my music folder being scanned and it also telling me theres an update for openelec, I can hear the clicks when moving around with the keyboard and if I hit back or exit I go back to the main menu.
(2015-02-28, 00:11)bricktop Wrote: [ -> ]now how tricky is it for a complete skin noob to manualy modify the skin Big Grin

i think you found out yourself :-)

black screen means you've made a typo in the code somewhere.
(2015-03-02, 22:43)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-28, 00:11)bricktop Wrote: [ -> ]now how tricky is it for a complete skin noob to manualy modify the skin Big Grin

i think you found out yourself :-)

black screen means you've made a typo in the code somewhere.

Ha indeed! I feel like I've jumped in the deepend where the reality is ive probably barley got my toes wet.

I will have play around tomorrow when in get some time thanks for the help ronie.